Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

AnonymousOne
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a wonderful exercise. Its not easy to describe but I will try:

1. From a standing position you step forward into a forward stance with your left leg leading. Here you would execute technique

2. Then you turn clockwise 180 degrees into a right leading forward stance and execute technique.

3. Then you turn anti-clock wise 90 degrees into a left leading forward stance and execute technique.

4. Then you turn clockwise 180 degrees into a right leading forward stance and execute technique.

5. Then you turn anti-clock wise 90 degrees into a left leading forward stance and execute technique.

6. Then you turn clockwise 180 degrees into a right leading forward stance and execute technique.

7. Then you turn anti-clock wise 90 degrees into a left leading forward stance and execute technique.

8. Then you turn clockwise 180 degrees into a right leading forward stance and execute technique.

9. Then you turn anti-clock wise 90 degrees into a left leading forward stance and execute technique.

Now you are back where you started.

This exercise you can do various blocking and countering with Gyaku Zuki.
You can also change the forward stance to back stance and block with Shuto Uke and then change to forward stance and execute Gyaku Zuki. This is known as Kihon Keiki Mae Itch

In one method of using this you can block with Uchi Uke, do a Mae Geri and then execute gyuaku zuki, oi zuki then gyaku zuki again. This exercise is called Happo geri.

I find it’s a great exercise for multi directional fighting.

[ This Message was edited by: AnonymousOne on 2002-01-29 23:58 ]

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have done a lot of turning drills like that. For some of us it is a dizzying experience, but useful. Over time my ability to tolerate this drill did improve a lot.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: