Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

White Warlock
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: See my Intro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i indicated such in my post, including providing the father's website, and your welcome.

Unfortunately, neither site provides any resources to validate or invalidate anything... nor do they provide insight into the specifics of the systems. The NAPMA site, of which he is affiliated with, has a broken search utility and i'm not inclined to download the entire site just so i can search it locally. I doubt it would provide any insight into Mr. Mason or the system of che-lu anyway.

I'll be honest. I have no interest in any 'homegrown' system that does not provide details as to what it entails. I'm not located in Kentucky, so i can't verily walk over there and go for a free class, assuming he even provides such. It would be nice to have more information on this, as well as information on whether any of his graduates teach in places other than Kentucky. Also, it might be nice if he put a tad more effort into his website. hehe...

If anyone in Frankfort, Kentucky, who is not a member of Mr. Mason's school, is willing to visit it and give some insight... i'm sure at least some of us would be appreciative.

Intro

yellowbeltchic
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the website. It needs serious help!

White Warlock, I hope one day if you are ever in the Frankfort area. Come on in for a visit. Be glad to have you.

White Warlock
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: See my Intro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For lunch, or as an appetizer?

i've heard of Kentucky cannibals, just didn't believe the rumors till now

Intro

yellowbeltchic
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what time you come.

Traditional-Fist
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Traditional Wing Chun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Warlock wrote:
For lunch, or as an appetizer?

Or a Mc burger, maybe?

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,that website news some work.I was disapointed.there was nothing that showed what the style was about.Not even a picture of the founder.

"When the student is ready the master will appear"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

yamesu
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin. MT. Arnis. Judo. JediMantre.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting style.

chungolu
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Mason pasted away the Summer of 2012... RIP O'sensei... You had a great run and influenced many students. CL will never be the same!

One word KISS method..... Reinventing the wheel doesn't mean better...... In fact it can result as weak! This is not to disrespect its a fact as I have experienced the truth! Be strong and find the truth. Never trust, always seek the right answer. Don`t be fooled.

che-lu student
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yellowbeltchic wrote:
Sorry for responding so late. Someone wanted to know a little bit more about Che-lu, so here you are....enjoy!

C is for charity. We must have love not only for the art, but for all those who are artist and those who non-artist.

H is humbleness. It is something we should strive for daily. Being means you respect those who are in athority over you.

E is empowerment. To be empowerment is to acknowledge in a greater being

L is for leadership. We strive to be leaders in our job, at home, and whevener the need arises

U is for unity. For without unity, nothing can exist.
Quote:

Very interesting - When I trained When O'sensei was alive it stood for

Courage
Humbleness
Enlightenment
Love
Unity

Must have Changed after Shihan took over - I miss the Somersworth NH Dojo
- June 29th will forever be a day my heart remembers the many blessings that Dojo extended to my community..

Society Of The Golden Mantis was our original name - Masrter Mason found a golden mantis in the Dojo and that's where the name came from - Che Lu comes from a vision Master Mason had while meditating about a mythical battle between the tiger Checheo and the dragon Lu - they engaged in an epic battle and it resulted in them joining forces (much more to the story but that's it in a nut shell) - the paws of checheo and the tail of LU - Punches and Kicks - I'm sure someone from the Dojo will be happy to tell the whole story if it is still begin taught -

che-lu student
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A little info about Che-lu Reply with quote

yellowbeltchic wrote:
I know some of you are wondering, what in the world is Che-lu? So here is a little info for you.

Che-lu was created in 1975 by Grandmaster John W. Mason in Dover, NH. From there he started schools in Maine, Texas, Wisconsin, NH, and in Kentucky.

We are in the newly formed PUMAA league. So we are looking forward to start the new leauge and season.

If you are in these area, or ever in the state of Kentucky we invite you to come and check us out.

It was first introduced at the monadnock nh regional championships (when the school was still called Society of The Golden Mantis) - I thought the first Dojo was in Somersworth NH not Dover, but I could be mistaken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: