Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never experienced such things myself, and when I'm around, these things don't seem to ever happen. I've had people try "chi" tricks on me and it doesn't work. Maybe because I don't believe in it. If I make you close your eyes and tell you that I have a knife and you really believe it, I can actually draw a cut across your arm by just sliding a piece of paper across it. This is the power of belief. His hand wasn't 800C, you only thought it was. His hand wasn't 0C, you only believed it was. This is how I feel about such things until someone proves Ki or Chi to me.

Damo
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ki or chi in my opinion is nothing more than mental focus. You can't heal people or shoot fire balls, but youcan get extraordinary indurance, speed, and power from it.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much the same view that I have.

niel0092
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Kali, TKD, judo (formerly)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes there does seem to be something to the whole ki thing. I don't know if it's just being "in the groove" or more than that. It may actually exist and we just haven't found a way to measure it yet. After all, we couldn't measure the intensity of light until very recently but we all knew it was there.

Anonymous2
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-07-18 10:19, thaiboxerken wrote:
I have never experienced such things myself, and when I'm around, these things don't seem to ever happen. I've had people try "chi" tricks on me and it doesn't work. Maybe because I don't believe in it. If I make you close your eyes and tell you that I have a knife and you really believe it, I can actually draw a cut across your arm by just sliding a piece of paper across it. This is the power of belief. His hand wasn't 800C, you only thought it was. His hand wasn't 0C, you only believed it was. This is how I feel about such things until someone proves Ki or Chi to me.

I'm glad to see that people have a really vast misunderstanding of chi. It helps the people who actually know it from being exposed. A friend of mine always laughed at me when I got mad when I seen stupid * martial artists making silly claims but he always said people like that are what allows others to survive without having to deal with idiots. I understand now. No disrespect by any means whatsoever, its just some is right.. some is wrong. But, true shaolin (if you must label it) isn't even taught at the temple any more. You might could find it somewhere hidden off in a cave with a damn immortal or something.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Can I call you Anony?

Those were Ken's thoughts on Chi and you have your own thoughts. I have my own thoughts also - and I know nothing. Just keep it all in mind. Thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come prove your "Chi" power to this idiot. I'm not even talking about fighting. Come over here and burn me with your hand, I'll let ya. Or you can knock me out with a touch, I'll just stand here and let you do it. Use your chi energy to make yourself immobile and I'll see if I can or cannot move you. Little tests that won't hurt anyone, come and face the challenge, prove it to me and then I'll believe.

Anonymous2
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-07-26 09:16, thaiboxerken wrote:
Come prove your "Chi" power to this idiot. I'm not even talking about fighting. Come over here and burn me with your hand, I'll let ya. Or you can knock me out with a touch, I'll just stand here and let you do it. Use your chi energy to make yourself immobile and I'll see if I can or cannot move you. Little tests that won't hurt anyone, come and face the challenge, prove it to me and then I'll believe.

I've seen several large blocks broken with two fingers. I seen a super master of it break a boulder roughly the size of one's head into several pieces. Don't worry, he's a real nice guy. Death touch, I've seen delayed done. It was to the kidney meridan... they guy passed out and after he woke up it took about 10 min. to heal him. I've seen chi absorbtion done several times.... I've heard it explained as weaken the bond the chi has in binding one's soul to the body. I can do it some but not to the point that its deadly, and I have to touch the person too. I've seen chi absorbtion performed, and performed on me, from a distance of ten feet
I've been told death touch is a relatively low level concept with chi. Delayed death touch is harder to do though. Later is things like sixth sense, astral projection, and some crazy * I care not to mention at this time. But, one is walking on water. Actually, I've seen someone walk on those little match boxes... you use what's called your 'light point'... I seen a master walk on water on a camping trip I was on. That same master also could lay in fire without being burnt at all... I was really impressed.

Anonymous2
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tai Chi Chuan at a high stage is another example of what Chi is capable of.

Once a person learns to manage their internal energy they are a much more deadly in combat than someone who has not, and Chi is alot more powerful than brute strengh and muscle. I've heard of masters in china being able to leave indentions in rocks, and burn paper with their hands, jump 20 feet into the air, make wind happen with the movements of their hand. I am shure there isn't alot of people with this martial arts ability left, except probably a few in China who practise secretly. The 1 inch punch everyone talks about was made possible because Bruce Lee learned to harness his Chi to a degree.

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome ANONYMOUS2...,would you be kind enough to give us a little introduction in the introduction section........happy posting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: