Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Tim Greer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-08-05 12:37, ChangWuJi wrote:
Thank you Rushman.

[SNIP lots of stuff...]

JS: Did you learn and "Light Skill" (Qing Gong) as well?

MR.MA: Walking in a circle develops "Light Skill". Once you reach a certain level you are able to walk without touching the ground.

JS: How is that possible?

MR.MA: The idea is to use your Dantian, waist, to move. I'm sitting here right now. If you want to attack me I can move fast forward without using legs, but by straightening the waist. (Mr.Ma made a demonstration - from a sitting position he was able to move fast very far forward before he touched the floor with his legs).

JS: It all sounds and looks very mysterious...

[El' Snippo...]

Quote: "(Mr.Ma made a demonstration - from a sitting position he was able to move fast very far forward before he touched the floor with his legs)."

Exactly, what does that mean? I'm able to move forward without my legs touching the ground too. I can leap, jump, lunge, sprawl, fall and convulse, projectile vomit, flip, use my hips, elbows, knees, arms, head, whatever. This "From a sitting position, move fast very far forward" before you touch the floor, could be anything. How far? In what way did he move? How was this accomplished? What part of his body did he move, what was the distance and angle? On what authority? What kind of an explanation is that, of such a "mind blowing" technique? Do you know what I mean?

Quote: "JS: It all sounds and looks very mysterious..."

"Sounds and looks"?? Sounds and looks? Didn't he just see it?..? "Sounds and looks??" This doesn't fit at all... I don't buy it.. it's not what they make it out to be...

Interviewer: "So, does that mean you can fly?".

Master: "Yes, watch this!"

*pause*...

Reader: *...page 2... more martial arts sexual aid ads...(confusion, fright)..*

Reader: *flip page*

Narrator: "He moved very fast and far without touching the floor."

...*pause*...

Reader: *..anyone seen the Cheetos?..*

Interviewer: "Yeah, yeah... *yawn*.. that all sounds very mysterious... *pause*... So, master, do you have kids?"...

Reader: "Snore.. *yawn*.. is Croutching Tiger Hidden Dragon in the DVD?"

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

This Message was edited by: Tim Greer on Aug 6, 2001 4:43am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

ChangWuJi
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "qi" jumping is definitely NOT "above the laws of physics". It is above the stupid argumentation of "physicists" who take a cheap shot at "disproving" comparably easy use of body abilities around the ability to issue short, strong, shuddering type movements, like all short powers. Hold the foot of a patient in a clinic while having kind of epileptic (or mad) trembling, and you will feel how much power is possible. Someone doing a high jump in that mode is just doing that in a trained manner.

Many have demonstrated this "light foot jumping" skill. For example Daniel Dunglass Home (1833-1886) with hundreds of his public "fly presentations" or Carlos Mirabelli (1889-1951) with 329 tests incl. levitation by Academia de Estudios Psychics Cesare Lombroso and many others.
From the other side the light skill - qinggong -especially from baguazhang or ziranmen, is real skill. Most probably there are videos with Wan Laisheng walking on the rim of empty rattan basket weighing 4,5 kg.

When you train "light foot" you actually quite quickly gain lightness, however this must be very often trained, this skill has great tendency to dissapear.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all unreal to me. Why aren't these "Chi" powers being used in the Olympics or in competition? Demonstrations of "Chi" power are about as credible as the "magic" of David Copperfield. You talk about public demonstrations many, many years ago, let's see one today. To me all of these things are merely tricks and illusions. I know some guys that can get kicked in the testes without flinching too, they are just really tough. The guys that do "Qi Gong" probably get kicked all the time and just have gotten used to it, nothing to do with a mysterious energy.
I still want to find a Chi master to prove to me that Chi exists. So far, all the "masters" have failed.

Tim Greer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed, I can't find any flying or levatation techniques taught by any master's I know, nor in any of my books on these very arts make any mention of these techiques. Anyone recall those Swamies (sp?) in India that could levatate, defy gravity and the like? Or, the famous picture of the Swamie sitting in mid-air with his legs cross, just hovering there -- and all the witnesses and pictures, etc. to prove it? Then, anyone recall that the way they did it, was that the walking cane they were holding while hovering there, actually went up behind their back, where there was a seat for them to sit on and they were actually balancing on this stick, sitting down and giving the illusion that they were hovering there? I realize that people can become very strong and some people can tap into that amazing strength. This, however, is to do with the body, not elements around it. Also, as I said, this helps know to what amount of duration you speak of. I can probably run across water and get maybe 3 or 4 feet forward on water, before the velocity and momentum is lost and I start to look stupid.

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the Swamies "levitate".. It was hilarious. They were merely jumping using their butts. Some of them could get some good hang time though.

www.absolutemartialarts.com

This Message was edited by: Patrick on Aug 6, 2001 4:48pm

magnetite
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look i'm tired of all these people not believing in qi. go do some research and you will find the truth. there is no way to prove that chi exists, but no way to prove it doesn't exist. there have been many documentaries about the subject, it was on the discovery channel once where researchers from china and USA did tests whether it worked, the US researchers were astounded when people healed from chi were cured from cancer. furthermore, china hosted the first internation chi gun competition in 1999, where lots of people attended. you really need to see it to believe it. get the video documentry on it at blockbuster or somewhere, it's called 'extreme kungfu'. and don't be so quick to saying a man taking hits from 15 people carrying a huge wooden log hitting him as if they were trying to break open those big doors. and i'm sure you think throwing a small metal pin through a 0.5' sheet of glass from 4 feet away is just physics too right? how about taking your palm and hammering nails through a 3' thick board? keep in mind this was done in a full audience with judges and people from all over the world.

now you say having chi gung doesn't make someone a good fighter. that i agree with. if A had 100 points and B had 100 points it would be a fair match. if A could incorporate 100 points of chi into his fighting, and B doesn't know how to, than it wouldn't be a fight. it'd be over in one move.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me tell chi/ki is real. I have seen and felt the ki healing work on me.

Benjymaan
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a practitioner of tai chi chuan and qi gong
all you people asking for proof of chi are engaging in a pointless activity
go do some qi gong and try to feel your chi working inside of you and there will be your proof
for those interested in its combat uses find a long term pracititioner of any decent kung fu system and ask him to show you his steel jacket and if his system uses gen or shock power then ask him to demonstrate that too

Benjymaan
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to the guy who claims true shaolin isnt taught at the temple anymore, have you studied there? Do you know anyone who has? Have you ever met a Shaolin monk? you obviously havnt as you do not know what shaolin even is, please do not try and bluff knowing about this kind of thing as you do not

Radok
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorin-ryu Karate-do

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do anything serious but make my hands warmer.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: