Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahhh....why even do Abs exercises? Really?

(Of course, this is advice coming from a FAT Cobra).

Honestly, though, if you train hard in your MA, then all of the body mechanics and muscles you need will get a work out. This is the true definition of functional fitness.

However, if you still want to put more focus on your core, I would recommend against isolation exercises. In a world where time is limited, you get more bang for your buck doing compound exercises that also work the core.

That is, unless, you want beach muscles. Then by all means do lots of crunches, situps, etc.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Cobra wrote:
Bahhh....why even do Abs exercises? Really?

(Of course, this is advice coming from a FAT Cobra).

Honestly, though, if you train hard in your MA, then all of the body mechanics and muscles you need will get a work out. This is the true definition of functional fitness.

However, if you still want to put more focus on your core, I would recommend against isolation exercises. In a world where time is limited, you get more bang for your buck doing compound exercises that also work the core.

That is, unless, you want beach muscles. Then by all means do lots of crunches, situps, etc.
Doing core (abs) exercises are just as important for strengthening one's defences (as in taking hits) unless getting hit isn't an issue.

In a world where time is limited finding the time to do a variety of ab exercises is time well spent IMHO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: