Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

shortdog
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

help me out please.
i take kobudo at an ok school. the teacher seems to be a cool guy. but today he was in a bad mood. we were sparing, me and some other kid vs another kid, with nunchucks. the guy with nunchucks grabed my partner and went to town on him. he started crying, so the teacher started a lecture about controll and how sparing is for fun. this is comming from a guy who in the previous round smack the crap out of my as hard as he could. sometimes the teacher lets the higher belts teach the classes. and he jsut sits in his office and watched tapes. my mom heard a story from one of the other moms. whos' husband told the teacher he didnt think the classes should be supervised bu 5th graders. the teacher said that is how he worked and if the guy made something out it would put him in the hospital. that isnt word for word, but it is very close to what happened. my mom dosnt want me to go anymore, but this is the only place where i can learn what i want to.

please help me out!

or email

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way - would you rather stay and learn from an abusive 'instructor' how to be abusive, cause that's what he's teaching...or would you rather quit now and look for a better school that will respect you and teach you properly - ? I don't know about the quality of what they teach, but judging from their attitude, I doubt they teach you anything that isn't tempered with violence. You are being abused and that is NOT ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have witnesses that would back you up? If so, go to the authorities and tell them that you are being threatened. If he so much as lays a hand on you, he's toast - and without any documentation, you have nothing on him...Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHORTDOG....from what you say ..i don't like the way it sounds...how long has this been going on?....how long has this school been open?......has this instuctor always been this way?......
.....i do agree with kickbutt.....don't go back to that school.

rushman
(i got to find my sig.)

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-08-20 20:22 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

shortdog
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i messed up the wording, he didnt threten me. it was on of the mom's husbands.

SHORTDOG

or email

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy sounds like an IDOIT. Quit training with him, much of what he does is probably * anyway. You are probably learn nothing practical and real. People that are WANNABE fighters sometimes just try to intimidate others into thinking they are. The guy is insecure and arrogant. Quit training and find something else. Better not to train then to train in *.

shortdog
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot, i am going to stop going there. that leaves me with the awful quest to find a new school. my town has almost no good school. well it has good schools, just not what i what i want to learn. thanks

SHORTDOG

or email

BlueDragon
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea.

Go to different school, train hard for a few years in different styles then comeback and kick your Sensei's but.

-Hendrix

F-S-K
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-08-20 21:43, shortdog wrote:
it was on of the mom's husbands.

woah shes got more than one

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you travel to another town? I mean it would be a bit of a hassle but if it means you get to learn exactly what you want without having a threatening, abusive instructor.

LOL at the message above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...but Shortdog, you also mentioned that he smacked the hell out of you as hard as he could . Being that he's alot more experienced than you - I would still consider that abusive. I got nailed (accidently) in the jaw by a round-kick from my Sensei (I wasn't wearing my mouth-guard or using any protective gear - it was a boxercise class and she's a south-paw and I didn't block on the correct side) and she was very distraught over whether or not I was hurt. I was fine - just a little blood, no big deal, but she would never intentionally hit me with all she's got as that would be an abuse of power. I also realize that it will take time to find another school, but it's better to get the hell outta that one for now, at least. Take care shortdog!

Lori

-Unknown-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: