Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

pcam16
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan karate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Acrobatic stuff!!! Reply with quote

You know for things like Capoeira moves or acrobatic moves where you need to be flexible what streches are there that i will need to do to because i am trying to teach myself but just streching the same way as i do in karate doesn't seem to be warming my muscles up enough?

If anyone knows what warm-up exercises i need to do please post them up! Thanx!!!

theswarm
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Go-Kan-Ryu Karate, filhos di bahia Capoeira, Okinawan GoJu Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there's the bridge

i suggest going to a gymnastics class they're pretty cheap and you get alot of stuff
if i had more free time i soo would.

but the bridge is simple
lie on your back and put your hands backwards in line with your head then push up until your standing on your toes and your hands so your body is like a big bridge that is like an upside down U
from there you can practice doing walkovers once you get comfortable and find the right positioning. A walkover is done by kicking one leg over your head and following with the other.

practice handstands next to a wall, and make sure you don't look down but look at the opposite wall

headstands make a triangle on the ground, it goes hand hand then head at the top of the triangle.

most of the other stuff i'd really suggest either going to gym or capoeira to learn it's too hard to explain without pictures
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: