Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject: Andor Reply with quote

Anyone else been watching this?

In case my username didn't give it away i am a big star wars fan!

I've been quite enjoying it, not as much as some people who have been raving about it but i think it's solid. I particularly like the fact that the imperials are finally not being morons!

Main gripe is i would have preferred it to be about a different rebel rather than Andor. Since we know what happens to him in Rogue One it inherently limits the story. I would have preferred a new character to be introduced into the same story as then it could progress anywhere and grow organically.

What do the rest of you think?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife too is a big fan of Star Wars, whereas I'm a big fan of Star Trek. Nonetheless, we're both enjoying Andor a lot. All of these side stories, like The Mandalorian, add quite a lot to the world of Star Wars.

Diego Luna as Andor is a quality actor across the board. He's come along way from when I first saw him in the 2003 Open Range, as Button, with Robert Duvall and Keven Costner. Luna is reprising his role as Cassian Andor, which we first saw him in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

May the Force be with you.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he is doing a really good job acting wise.

Star Wars side story wise the one i am most looking forward to is Ahsoka, really interested to see where they take it. Acolyte is intriguing too but i would like to see more about it also.

I watch star trek too: we are finally watching the most recent season of Discovery and near the end. Must admit though it is my least favourite star trek show. Watched 'Strange New Worlds' first and that was superb - they did an excellent job with that show i thought.

Neither of them match up to DS9 in my book though - that was possibly my favourite of the trek shows. I liked the overarching plotlines that ran through it

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly agree with you, DarthPenguin about Ahsoka. A side story starring Ahsoka, if done right, would be amazing. If memory serves me right, Ahsoka helped train Luke during his very early Jedi training. Nonetheless, the writers have put enough about Ahsoka on paper that the logical conclusion is that the next part of Ahsoka's journey is its own series.

The Picard series was enjoyable addition to the Star Trek universe. Interesting to see where quite familiar faces have changed over the years. For me, I could never get behind DS9...I tried...but still can't get behind it. Same thing with Enterprise, but between the two, I'd endure Enterprise over DS9 anytime. Of course, at one time, I couldn't tolerate STNG at all, but now, I adore STNG.

My wife and I always have discussions about who'd win between Star Wars VS Star Trek...the discussion still goes on.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not watched it yet, but I think I will be soon.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with you, DarthPenguin about Ahsoka. A side story starring Ahsoka, if done right, would be amazing. If memory serves me right, Ahsoka helped train Luke during his very early Jedi training. Nonetheless, the writers have put enough about Ahsoka on paper that the logical conclusion is that the next part of Ahsoka's journey is its own series.

The Picard series was enjoyable addition to the Star Trek universe. Interesting to see where quite familiar faces have changed over the years. For me, I could never get behind DS9...I tried...but still can't get behind it. Same thing with Enterprise, but between the two, I'd endure Enterprise over DS9 anytime. Of course, at one time, I couldn't tolerate STNG at all, but now, I adore STNG.

My wife and I always have discussions about who'd win between Star Wars VS Star Trek...the discussion still goes on.

Yeah i quite liked Picard too, though i don't think it has much more of a shelf live. I thought the ending of season 1 gave them a clear opportunity to add a refresh that would have let them get to a much higher number of seasons.

Ahsoka wise, it is heading into the unknown regions so they have a lot of freedom. The her and Luke bit is actually one of the bits that has never made sense : she didn't get involved at all with teaching Luke - his teaching was all from Obi-Wan / Yoda / self-taught, which a lot of fans think is a bit silly since she is one of the most powerful jedi and is around. She pops up in the Mandalorian for an episode to show they are friendly. She didn't even get involved in teaching Ezra much but that might change in the new show. they have cast a lot of the Rebels characters for it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: