Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KarateNewbie
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Hi karateNewbie!

Seems like your style is Karate; Yes?

If you don't have any power in your kicks just yet, that might be a blessing in disguise.

Having powerful kicking abilities and weak unconditioned joints will only damage what you have.

Kicking involves the entire body not just the legs.

Stretching and Strengthening for kicking, should start off with only expert advice from your Sensei alone, having the first and last word on your progress, for at least the first three months.

As the internet has alot of great advice, but it isn't tailored to your needs, on the contrary your Sensei is.

If you are happy with your progress, with your Sensei for the first three months, go for another three months.

There is no magic to having great kicking abilities, only dedication, time and patience, will give you what you want.

You will only get out of it, from what you put in to it

It's the time and patience part I really need to accept and work on, more so than any technique. Apologies for the delay in replying - I wrote that post in a fog of frustration after training with a brown belt (with mighty powerful kicks) when I really should have just taken a breath and and my Sensei's advice that it will take time as well as effort.
Having said that I really appreciate the advice and the links - it's great to get a broad perspective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: