Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here carry weapons legally, or illegally ?

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and No.... LOL

I don't carry a gun or anything like that but on any given day you can look in my backseat and find gear Im taking to and from class. Anything from Bo's to Swords for show.

In Shotokan we don't teach weapons but I do like to teach some Bo staff. However we often use brooms, mops and pool sticks instead of real Bo's. Because I think you can come across a staff a lot in real life. The weapons work we do do involves common things like belts, pocketbooks, keys, combs, etc. I do a lot of SD work with what you have on you at any given time. So if you want to count my keys and belt as a weapon yeah.

However I am not a strong supported of depending on something else. In the end you got you hands and feet. You better be able to use them. Because the bad guy may just take that weapon from you.

BON Congrats on the red belt......

Blade13
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt this be more appropriate in the weapons forum?

Ok, aside from that... I carry weapons sometimes. Most are the same as G95's. I prefer to wear clothing that I could use in defense. I also carry a tactical fighting knife because you never know when a knife will be needed and not just for self defense. If there is a time where Im injured and couldnt defend myself with what I normally carry, then I might carry a cane (The only cane I have has a sword in it though. lol I want to get another one that I could actually take to school.). On rare occasions when I feel the need, Ill carry my asp with me. Aside from that, Ill carry something with me if one of my friends requests that I bring it (within reason, of course).

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, a small arsenal:

- long coat
- bunch of keys
- wallet filled with change
- mobile phone
- sharpened credit card (still works too)
- belt

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade, I posted it in here 'cause I figured more people would read it this way..

I carry sticks to choke up my car if I have to change my tyre, I'm contemplating about carrying a knife, but I think it's more trouble than what's worth.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Knuth
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually carry a knife on me but it is generaly a working knife and if ever in a conflict it stays in my pocket or pouch.

During hunting season you can almost always find a weapon in my car. My shotgun is mighty scary looking and would scare most off just by looking down that 12gauge hole.

I'm only 18 and when I turn 21 I will be getting my pistol permit and concealed carry permit, although I don't kow how it will work now because I will still be in the Marine Corps.

What other country in the world had the forsight to protect our rights to protect our selfs?

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What other country in the world had the forsight to protect our rights to protect our selfs?

What other coutry in the world had the foresight to take away our rights to protect our selves?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bon and Knuth,

Be careful what you carry.

It can be used against you.

It can be held against you in a court of law.

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are carrying a knife and use it during a fight then you cannot plea self-defence, at least in England. With work knives though, ie craft knives, pen knives, the jury is still undecided and the plea can go either way.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade I too thought this might be better suited for the weapons area, but after reading through I kind of like Bon's reasoning for placing it here. So for the time being I choose to leave it here and if someone else disagrees they can move it later.

You know it is kind of odd that no one has asked this question before.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: