Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Anyone shovelglove? Reply with quote

Is anyone else out there familiar with the “shovelglove” exercise? What do you think of it as a workout?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah...

It's my pre-workout as part of my cardio; while I'm at the gym 6 days a week, I shovelglove 3 times a week at the gym...yes my gym has sledgehammers for a variety of endeavors, especially the kill the monster tire fun exercise.

When I was first introduced to the shovelglove about 1 year ago, by watching people at the gym perform it, I thought that that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. Albeit, I thought the same thing when I first saw the Battle Ropes, but now I can't live without the Battle Ropes. Same thing for the shoveglove.

As the saying goes..."Don't knock it until you've tried it!!", and once I tried it, I saw the value of the shoveglove immediately; I can't live without it. Because of my lower back, is why I only do the shovelglove 3 days a week, and not 6 days a week.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The founder definitely came up with a good and interesting idea. The recommendations of the exercises are very easy to integrate into a martial arts solo training session. It has been 14 years since it was first invented and the variety of moves is great.

Have other karate practitioners familiar with shovelglove noticed the striking similarities between the moves of shovelglove and the traditional Okinawan/Chinese strength training? Notably with tool line the chiishi, stone padlocks etc ? Some movements are nearly identical.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
The founder definitely came up with a good and interesting idea. The recommendations of the exercises are very easy to integrate into a martial arts solo training session. It has been 14 years since it was first invented and the variety of moves is great.

Have other karate practitioners familiar with shovelglove noticed the striking similarities between the moves of shovelglove and the traditional Okinawan/Chinese strength training? Notably with tool line the chiishi, stone padlocks etc ? Some movements are nearly identical.

Solid post!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: