Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Gamemistress Jessica
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject: Arawaza Onyx Oxygen Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I just bought the onyx oxygen gi from Arawaza, https://arawaza.com/product/new-arawaza-onyx-oxygen-karate/, and I chose it simply because of the fact that I love pink and it is limited edition. I am very new to martial arts, and just had my first lesson in karate last wednesday.

So my question is, what are your peoples experience with the arawaza onyx oxygen? Is it good for everyday training? I am asking for this particular gi, and not arawaza in general.

Also, how see-through is it once you start sweating a little bit?

Kind regards,
Jessica

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to KF, Gamemistress Jessica; glad that you're here!!

I've no experience with the onyx oxygen gi from Arawaza. Due to it being lightweight, it'd be an excellent gi for a beginner because a medium/heavy gi will overly task a beginner on the floor.

As far as the "see through" aspect, wear an appropriate shirt underneath the gi. To know for sure, once the gi arrives, dunk it under some water, then put it on to see for yourself.

Gamemistress Jessica
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:

I've no experience with the onyx oxygen gi from Arawaza. Due to it being lightweight, it'd be an excellent gi for a beginner because a medium/heavy gi will overly task a beginner on the floor.

As far as the "see through" aspect, wear an appropriate shirt underneath the gi. To know for sure, once the gi arrives, dunk it under some water, then put it on to see for yourself.

taken the price into consideration it doesn’t look like a beginners gi. Why wouldn’t it match a non-beginner? Just curious.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamemistress Jessica wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

taken the price into consideration it doesn’t look like a beginners gi. Why wouldn’t it match a non-beginner? Just curious.

No such thing as a beginner gi. There might be gi preferences for beginners, but to be honest, a beginner can wear a medium/heavy/iron gi, but after one class in a medium/heavy/iron gi, the beginner will be diving into a lightweight gi faster than one can blink. Onyx oxygen gi is pricey, that's for sure, but not overpriced.

With this gi being lightweight, it's idea for both beginners and non-beginners alike. Clear with your CI before you parade onto the floor. Many dojo's only allow students to wear plain gi's with no advertisements whatsoever.

Last edited by sensei8 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gamemistress Jessica
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Gamemistress Jessica wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

No such thing as a beginner gi. There might be gi preferences for beginners, but to be honest, a beginner can wear a medium/heavy/iron gi, but after one class in a medium/heavy/iron gi, the beginner will be diving into a lightweight gi faster than one can blink. Onyx oxygen gi is pricey, that's for sure, but not overpriced.

With this gi being lightweight, it's idea for both beginners and non-beginners alike. Clear with your CI before you parade onto the floor. Many dojo's only allow students to wear plain gi's with no advertisements whatsoever.

okay thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: