Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pilot can not have a gun to defend the plane against Terrorists? Then why do we trust them with over 100 lives every time they go up into flight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they're trained as PILOTS. They aren't police officers and have no training as such - you may as well give the gun to a passenger then.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thats right kickbutt and also that they are train to fly the plane safly and took a long time to get a flying liscenes and they must know lots of things people don`t know!!

Kato
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Kickbutt. Pilots should leave hijackers to trained law enforcement officers, who do this as a full time job. The placement of well trained airmarshels on air craft is preferable to arming pilots.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said kato!!

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, of course you will say that because you are a soft skulled liberal. Cant we just give the Terrorist a hug? If you didnt know, the Constitution says that you have to Right to Bear arms. It dosent matter if he is a Pilot or not. Crimes are easily stopped with fire arms. Would you rather have another Terrorist Incident? Or would you rather be prepaired by having a Pilot with a fire arm. These people are trusted to fly many hours a week, so they should be trusted to protect the people on their plane. They are "Responsible" for the lives that go one that plane each day.

[ This Message was edited by: TKD_McGee on 2001-10-18 20:45 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, If the Pilot goes crazy and see's Gremlins on the wingtips, you better watch out!

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm all for a good debate TKD, however please try to remain respectful of others in your response. I won't (or rather can't) respond to you in this same tone, as I'm a moderator here, so I'm leaving the thread alone. Your opinion is yours and I'll respect that...but I won't call you a derogatory name because I don't agree with it.

Kato
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsk tsk tsk how could I have been so sorely misunderstood. TKD_McGee you seem to be under the impression that I'm advocating peace and negotiation with potential hijackers, I'm not. All I'm saying is that if it comes to a shoot out on an aircraft I would rather have a trained air marshal, with law enforcement experience, protecting me then a pilot with a gun. Pilots are trained to fly aircraft and they do that very well but THEY ARE NOT COPS and they should not try to be. Anyway I go through my position on this topic in detail in a post I made on page one of this thread, so I will not bother to rehash the whole thing here. Suffice it to say I think there are better ways to handle this then giving pilots guns.

[ This Message was edited by: Kato on 2001-10-20 20:44 ]

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-10-18 20:35, TKD_McGee wrote:
Well, of course you will say that because you are a soft skulled liberal. Cant we just give the Terrorist a hug? If you didnt know, the Constitution says that you have to Right to Bear arms. It dosent matter if he is a Pilot or not. Crimes are easily stopped with fire arms. Would you rather have another Terrorist Incident? Or would you rather be prepaired by having a Pilot with a fire arm. These people are trusted to fly many hours a week, so they should be trusted to protect the people on their plane. They are "Responsible" for the lives that go one that plane each day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TKD_McGee on 2001-10-18 20:45 ]</font>

You talking to me???
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: