Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Art V. Art topics aren't wrong Reply with quote

Hello,
I feel that, if Patrick decided to open this forum its because many people like to compare Art v. Art.
Now, i have read from some of our friends that they don't like the whole Art. v Art topics because "its not the style, its the man" .
Yes that's true, but Art V Art forums is good because we can clear many misconceptions we had about other arts.
I may have a picture of certain Art and i give an opinion and then a student of that art comes and clear me things that i didn't knew.
I've learned a lot on this topics. I feel people should be a little more daring and open minded and join into the conversation. No problem.
Since i joined here, i always feel a very mature and friendly "ki" . There's no reason to fight or to yell at eachother, and there's so much to learn about other arts, and hey, its FUN. lol
Come on people, don't make a big deal about it and take part of the conversation and defend your Art

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree people shouldnt take it so seriously, just enjoy the conversation!

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum here is not simply to flame and say that xxx is better than yyy or whatever, when creating this forum we were hoping for a mature comparison of different arts so that we can all learn more about each other's styles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I opened because I wanted all of these topics in one forum, because they can detract from more informative topics.

I am not saying that I greatly approve of them, but they have their place and that place is here.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

inyctrotter
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of this of a way to express our opinions.

TKDMASTER
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Tkd,jujitsu,kung fu,judo,little akidio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree submission. Besides it is fun.

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is in my sig.

Seriously, if someone can spell out a good debate then I have no problem. Its just the ignorant flame wars that enrage my "ki".
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: