Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Dani_001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Okinawa Goju-Ryu Karatedo Kyokai

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
Dani_001 wrote:
JR137, I have made up my mind. I found something I like and want to do. Tonight's whole session was with the Kaicho. And I enjoyed it.

I'm glad you found what you're looking for. As sensei8 said, train hard.

As for Hussein Narker, I've heard very good things about him. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was on the kyokushin4life forum when it was around. If it was him, he was either AshiharaKaicho or AshiharaFist. I remember seeing his actual name in his signature, if I'm not mistaken. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Best of luck with it!

Thanks JR. He is the same person yes. Kaicho Hoosain Narker. Very humble and knowledgable. He holds dans in a few other styles as well including Kyokushin.

Dani_001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dani_001 wrote:
JR 137 wrote:
Dani_001 wrote:
JR137, I have made up my mind. I found something I like and want to do. Tonight's whole session was with the Kaicho. And I enjoyed it.

I'm glad you found what you're looking for. As sensei8 said, train hard.

As for Hussein Narker, I've heard very good things about him. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was on the kyokushin4life forum when it was around. If it was him, he was either AshiharaKaicho or AshiharaFist. I remember seeing his actual name in his signature, if I'm not mistaken. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Best of luck with it!

Thanks JR. He is the same person yes. Kaicho Hoosain Narker. Very humble and knowledgable. He holds dans in a few other styles as well including Kyokushin.

Hi everyone,

So after the fasting month for us and a lot of shuffling, I had my first real class last night. stretches, warm up drills, kihon combo drills, partner work and pad work. And then I was extremely tired LOL. I really enjoyed myself. The new path is quite exciting and will update as I go along.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
"fighting kata" which is far more akin to choreographed shadow kickboxing than actual kata IMO.

I have to agree. In watching this and other Eishin videos I would call it shadow boxing as well.

I do however like the fact that they utilize take downs within the kata and drills but have to say that it does not resemble what I have been exposed to through the years. Interesting though.

Dani_001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatsuShinshii wrote:
JR 137 wrote:
"fighting kata" which is far more akin to choreographed shadow kickboxing than actual kata IMO.

I have to agree. In watching this and other Eishin videos I would call it shadow boxing as well.

I do however like the fact that they utilize take downs within the kata and drills but have to say that it does not resemble what I have been exposed to through the years. Interesting though.

It does seem. But I am sure that all bunkai started the same way and was never seen before by some
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: