Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need tips, advice, then you came to the right place. ( I train people in weight lifting in my spare times)

Come ask me any thing.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, um... I've been training quite a while with weights and pushups and the like, but I never grow a lot of mass, and I DO push myself hard, I think I'm just training hard and not smart... do I need more variety in the arm (specifically) exercises I should do? I do curls, overhead lifts, and pushups.

Also, how might I build up the shoulder muscles?

Thanks in advance

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"At frist a plan could work then there are 2 reasons why you do not make gians", said body building coach of NY.

Frist< you get used to the same thing over and over again

Second< You push to hard and need rest.

Like if you rest 1 minutes between set, change it, instead, rest 30 second. Switch the training order. exapmle: you do chest, biceps, upper back, lllll instead do biceps, upperback, and then chest.

Never swing you arm when doing work outs.

you don't need to know every move unless you want to be a body builder so stick to the basic and change routien when it is not working.

Always stick to a plan untill it stop working so don't let anything mess up you plan.

Do 8 to 12 reps, If it is to easy, you are lifting to little weight, if to hard, you are lifting to much

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, ok, I need some heavier dumbells then :/

Thanks, but still, what should I do to help build up the shoulder muscles?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

BlueDragon
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my shoulders I pick up a set of dumbells (I use 10 pounds) and start punching the air. Alternate arms each punch and do about 50 an arm. I started doing it about 6 weeks ago and my arms have exploded.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks Ice Dragon I shall have to try that one!

I took KickChick's advice, instead of only doing thing when planned, I was bored to just did starjumps and shadow boxing for like 20-30 minutes... I'm sweating like a pig right now but I feel great!

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punching the air is good for the punching power but if you really want to get huge shoulders, you have to check it out.

The most imptant is three exerice.

Frist: Front Shoulder, Millitary Press( up in the air, and rember 8 to 12 reps max ok)4 to 3 sets.

Second: Middle shoulder: Lateral rise.( stright arm on you side grabing weights and lift up to you side, not your front but to you side)

Thrid: Back Shoulder: Upper row. Grab a the weight bar ( two hands in the middle on the bar, not spread but alomost touching eacher)
and lift to your chin.

Do one set of each without a rest. Rest.Then repeat untill 4 to 3 times.

Trust me, world body buildind champ's secret. Haha.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm IFPA certified personal trainer and I don't agree with MTB's workout at all. If you want bigger shoulders, do squats! WHAT? Am I crazy? No, you need to stimulate the entire body to get max growth, so you need to do squats, chest presses, military presses and rows. That's pretty much all the movements you'll need to do. These are all compound movements that will work every part of your body. 3 sets of each at 6-8 reps is good enough.. just make sure that you have so much weight on that you can't get that 8th one. Go heavy right away, after you get warmed up.

This is what works great for me and anyone else that I've gotten to stick to it. Also, if you want to gain, you need to eat enough, eat lots of high protein foods.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"chest presses, military presses and rows"

Like, military presses are holding weights just above head and straightening arms, lowering back to just above head, yes?

What are these others?

PS. When we come to an end on this thread, apply the knowledge the one I made about the new routine I need to design with help from you lot.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think Ken a kinda crazy. The was a world body builder's plan. Arnold S.'s plan. The man asked fro shoulders not leg mucles. I think what ken a talking about is the swat and then lift the weight above the head.

All ken talked about was the upper shoulder (with milliarty press)and lower shoulder( with row) but what about middle shoulder!?!

Hey man stick to my plan, because if you go with the others, you are not really building you shoulders.

Read a Body building book for better explining please.

To ken:
"and I don't agree with MTB's workout at all"

How could you not agree at with me. You may be buff but there is no way my plan is wrong.

I trained it my self and I look like you ( buff wise). The 6 ft verson of you. No offence.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: