Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all, safety first, and in that, the fighter in black = DISQUALIFY IMMEDIATELY!! I'd even consider probation for a short time, 3 months, without any ambiguity!! Kind of harsh? When weighed against safety and the injury the one fighter endured...huh...NO...not harsh at all!

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing less than complete disqualification and banishment from further participation is what this sort of unsportsmanlike, disloyal and utterly despicable act deserves. This is a competition, a sports bout, and not a warfight where the aim is to kill to be killed. Neither is it a fight for life and limb.

Sports athletes have the obligation and responsibility to control themselves, especially under stress with adrenalin. They must perform to the best of their ability and avoid this kind of dishonorable behaviours. Although in the video, it could be argued that it is not clear whether it was intentional.

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo & Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Without having read that tournaments rule(s) concerning downed opponents, I can't reach an opinion. Having said that, and if I was the Arbitrator of that tournament, based on my experiences, I would've disqualified her for lack of control considering the venue.

If the rule had stated to follow through on a downed opponent, then I'd rule to instruct said downed opponent to defend herself much better than that...after all, you're a black belt, act like it. HOWEVER, if the downed opponent rule stated to follow through BUT WITH CONTROL, I'd still disqualify her because, imho, she lacked the necessary control for such a destructive kick...especially on a downed opponent.

And, no matter what the paramedics might have ruled, I wouldn't have allowed her to continue. Safety before anything!!

AGREED! Did anybody besides me notice that the referee was wearing heels? HEELS??? How the heck is she supposed to move?

Part of ref's responsibilities is to QUICKLY get in between the fighters to breakup dangerous situations and to prevent injuries to the fighters.

Again..in HEELS???

Sorry, I watched that vid twice..IMHO that whole match was a joke, from the venue, the judging, the fat old men sitting around the ring bored out of their minds and not paying attention ... HEELS???

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Seido Juku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a bit like that "Best in the world" championship that basically is an "in-house" tournament, the one that popped up in another sub, the one where you had to buy all your sparring gear from them. Looks like it anyway.....

MAfreak
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backyard tournament, i told you.

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the value in allowing an axe kick to a downed opponent.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Without having read that tournaments rule(s) concerning downed opponents, I can't reach an opinion. Having said that, and if I was the Arbitrator of that tournament, based on my experiences, I would've disqualified her for lack of control considering the venue.

If the rule had stated to follow through on a downed opponent, then I'd rule to instruct said downed opponent to defend herself much better than that...after all, you're a black belt, act like it. HOWEVER, if the downed opponent rule stated to follow through BUT WITH CONTROL, I'd still disqualify her because, imho, she lacked the necessary control for such a destructive kick...especially on a downed opponent.

And, no matter what the paramedics might have ruled, I wouldn't have allowed her to continue. Safety before anything!!

AGREED! Did anybody besides me notice that the referee was wearing heels? HEELS??? How the heck is she supposed to move?

Part of ref's responsibilities is to QUICKLY get in between the fighters to breakup dangerous situations and to prevent injuries to the fighters.

Again..in HEELS???

Sorry, I watched that vid twice..IMHO that whole match was a joke, from the venue, the judging, the fat old men sitting around the ring bored out of their minds and not paying attention ... HEELS???

Yes, I noticed the heels!! I had a chuckle to myself on that front. As to the axe kick, instant disqualification in my book. It was highly dangerous and irresponsible. Had she done it to the body I'd MAYBE think twice on it but, to the head is just plain wreckless.

Mo.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video in question has been KO for public viewing. Perhaps it was far too controversial!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: