Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Ok. Sorry to hear this Bob.

Forgive me but can I ask what the Kaicho and Kancho did or were they more ceremonial roles?

What was the reason given for eliminating these positions?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pred wrote:
Does this mean organization your organization has no executive leaders?

All Hierarchy departments are still active, therefore, executive leadership across the board exists, for the moment.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about this, Bob. Doesn’t sound very good. I know you’ll pull through and right by everyone; you seemingly always have. Going solely by what I’ve seen you post here over the past 3 years or so I’ve been here, it appears you’ve been through more trying times in the organization than this. Not that that’s any consolation by any means; it’s just my way of saying I know you’re strong enough to not let this get the best of you.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
Sorry to hear about this, Bob. Doesn’t sound very good. I know you’ll pull through and right by everyone; you seemingly always have. Going solely by what I’ve seen you post here over the past 3 years or so I’ve been here, it appears you’ve been through more trying times in the organization than this. Not that that’s any consolation by any means; it’s just my way of saying I know you’re strong enough to not let this get the best of you.

Thanks, JR; your support, as well as your kind words always mean a lot to me.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, and if that way's not forthcoming, then I'll make a way.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
Wow Ok. Sorry to hear this Bob.

Forgive me but can I ask what the Kaicho and Kancho did or were they more ceremonial roles?

What was the reason given for eliminating these positions?

Kaicho/Kancho are not ceremonial roles, by any stretch of the imagination. Dai-Soke held the Kaicho position, under Soke, from 1950 to 2008, 58 years.

Nothing!! To our knowledge, neither did anything to warrant their decisions, personally and/or professionally.

So why?!?

Reason of Redundancy!!

The Board expressed that having a Kaicho AND a Kancho, while they're important positions for the sake of the check and balance affect, were antiquated, yet, we admirably had fulfilled our expectations, as well as our responsibilities of obligations. The Board, furthermore, expressed that the existence of the Board was far more than adequate to run the day to day operations effectively, whereas, the Kaicho and Kancho positions are superfluous, in that, the Board absorbs both the Kaicho and Kancho, henceforth. Our Legal Team states that a Silo Effect seems to have taken residency unwittingly by either parties.

One other reason, directed directly to me, was the Mobility Clause; however, that was ruled in my favor due to the fact that I was grandfathered through Dai-Soke to administrate mobile, in which, conference calls via Skype and/or cellphone, are admissibly approved by all parties.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear this, Bob. I know you'll rebound through this. What does this mean for you now? Does this mean that governing body will basically be able to keep you removed from any kind of decision making when it comes to Shindokan?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear this, Bob. I know you'll rebound through this. What does this mean for you now? Does this mean that governing body will basically be able to keep you removed from any kind of decision making when it comes to Shindokan?

Thanks, Brian!!

For Kancho and me, it simply means...

Temporalis Auctoritate...Temporary Authority. Until the By-Laws have been amended, and then approved by a unanimous vote, we've full authority. Plus, we've appealed the vote, even though it appears to be a lock on us turning in the store keys when all is said and done. Transitions of this magnitude can take a minute or two to reach its final conclusion.

In time, should we both be thrown out on our backsides, and while we'll still be members, in good standings, with the SKKA, we'll have no say so as to the daily operations of the SKKA. However, I'm the highest ranking member across the board, and that carries some hefty perks that can't be removed and/or denied and/or refused; FOR LIFE clauses!!

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:

Thanks, Brian!!

For Kancho and me, it simply means...

Temporalis Auctoritate...Temporary Authority. Until the By-Laws have been amended, and then approved by a unanimous vote, we've full authority. Plus, we've appealed the vote, even though it appears to be a lock on us turning in the store keys when all is said and done. Transitions of this magnitude can take a minute or two to reach its final conclusion.

In time, should we both be thrown out on our backsides, and while we'll still be members, in good standings, with the SKKA, we'll have no say so as to the daily operations of the SKKA. However, I'm the highest ranking member across the board, and that carries some hefty perks that can't be removed and/or denied and/or refused; FOR LIFE clauses!!

So you're not a majority owner of the SKKA?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: