Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

David the Gnome
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Uechi-Ryu, Wado-Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mushybees wrote:
I also own the Seishin so I'll share my opinion of it.

It's a nice, sharp looking gi but nothing remarkable. The material is nice enough but if you care more about effectiveness than making loud sounds with your strikes it's not really one for the plus column.

I generally wear 14oz gis and with its thinner material and vented gussets I was expecting to feel much cooler in the Seishin but I don't find that to be the case.

It's nothing special in terms of finish in the stitching either.
I didn't know it was made in pakistan. I didn't expect it to be made in Okinawa either but it makes sense why it looks just like any other middle of the market dogi.
The seishin isnt a bad gi but I do have buyers remorse. It's an obvious high profit margin item with a reputation I suspect is built on an initial run of gi which were a much higher quality. It needs to be about £100-110 to be good value.

I own a Hirota from Japan with custom length sleeves and legs which was £80 less than the Seishin and it is far and away the better karategi.
I'd recommend a hirota in a heart beat.

This pretty much sums up my experience using the Seishin gi last night. I will add the link to my review shortly.

Link to the full review: https://www.karateforums.com/seishin-gi-review-vt51156.html

Displaced_Alaskan
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I had no idea these were made in Pakistan. One must wonder why, then, the cost so damn much. It's entirely possible to buy a high quality Japanese made karate-gi for less. Much less, in fact.

I don't think I'll drink the Kool Aid on this one, and stick with my Made in Japan.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Displaced_Alaskan wrote:
Not to resurrect an old thread, but I had no idea these were made in Pakistan. One must wonder why, then, the cost so damn much. It's entirely possible to buy a high quality Japanese made karate-gi for less. Much less, in fact.

I don't think I'll drink the Kool Aid on this one, and stick with my Made in Japan.

As stated in the post linked to here, I was going to try one out myself. I went with a second Shureido K-11 instead. It’s the perfect gi for me. If there’s better, I don’t know what I’m missing and ignorance is bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: