Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

White Warlock
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: See my Intro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the first 10 UFCs allow you to watch the sport change to what it is now, as well as watch how the martial art community slowly 'wake up.' I recommend watching 1 through 10.

The more modern ones are rife with rules, but you can gain a better understanding of what 'works' in these sort of competitions, as opposed to the "guessing game" that existed in the early UFCs.

Intro

cvkid
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Aikido,Judo,Boxing,bjj,and kickboxing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it odd that so many people recommended the earlier events.I think the new stuff is so much more entertaining.The fighters are matched up better and each opponent is very well rounded.

Be nice to animals.

cvkid
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Aikido,Judo,Boxing,bjj,and kickboxing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad_Vibes wrote:
The first few are a must see. They may have not contained all of the best fighters as they do now but the diversity was incredible. I remember seeing a 500 pound man fighting a 210 pound man, and the 210 pound man winning by chopping him down. It was fun to watch the completely different styles go head to head. Now it seems there are only grapplers and strikers due to the rule changes.

Oh and I think it was the 2nd one where a dude is hitting a guy square in the nuts like 5 times. Ye, you gotta check out the first few to see what no holds barred really means. I would start at 1 and just get the next one every weekend till I saw all of them. There is something to learn from all of them.

That 210 pound guy was Keith Hackney,he beat the hell outta that fat dude.He's also the same guy who punched Joe Son in the nuts....but it was more like eight times.

Be nice to animals.

White Warlock
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: See my Intro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to me it's not about entertainment. I watch these things to help expand my understanding of the arts, to see things in action, to catch the mistakes, and the finishing moves. The more modern UFCs have far more rules and refereeing, so less 'street' applicable activities are being implemented. The weight classes implemented in the newer UFCs have significantly undermined what can be learned from watching these fights. As well, the actions are more focused on a particular blend of techniques that work well in such events, but would be detrimental outside of the ring. And finally, the first ten show differing systems going head-to-head, while the modern UFCs show people pretty much hitting each other with same or similar techniques/styles.

So, if you're into entertainment... i suppose the more modern stuff would be more attractive. That's just not my bag baby.

Intro

Shinobi vs DragonNinja
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best UFC! Prob UFC 40 with Ken n Tito, UFC 22 n UFC 2, 5 n 6 were pretty cool even despite the 1st few UFCs were mostly primitive brawling.

HanSword
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: MMA ( Boxing,MT,SubsWrestling & anything that works )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourites from what I have seen are :

UFC Brasil - watch belfort as he uses the true version of the straight blast on silva's face.
see frank shamrock just destroy john lober.

43 - couture beat up liddell & other good matches

44 - couture beat up tito , loisseau shows how to use elbows x rivera plus others.

42's not bad too.

Nick_UKWC
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Wing Chun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a few people have said, Hits 1&2 and knockouts are a good laugh

Hits 1 has some of the really old school classic stuff, very entertaining

Nick_UKWC
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post :|

Last edited by Nick_UKWC on Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Nick_UKWC
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cvkid wrote:
Bad_Vibes wrote:
The first few are a must see. They may have not contained all of the best fighters as they do now but the diversity was incredible. I remember seeing a 500 pound man fighting a 210 pound man, and the 210 pound man winning by chopping him down. It was fun to watch the completely different styles go head to head. Now it seems there are only grapplers and strikers due to the rule changes.

Oh and I think it was the 2nd one where a dude is hitting a guy square in the nuts like 5 times. Ye, you gotta check out the first few to see what no holds barred really means. I would start at 1 and just get the next one every weekend till I saw all of them. There is something to learn from all of them.

That 210 pound guy was Keith Hackney,he beat the hell outta that fat dude.He's also the same guy who punched Joe Son in the nuts....but it was more like eight times.

It sure was. What was funny about that fight, the one where the big guy charged him through the cage door, was that this Hackney guy...not sure what he trained in but he was just whacking him in the back of the head once the fat guy was down on his knees. It looked like punching a bowling ball, his head hardly moved, must of hurt his hand pretty bad. No sign of any elbows, kicks, submissions...nothing lol

HanSword
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: MMA ( Boxing,MT,SubsWrestling & anything that works )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick,

Hackney was a " white tiger " kempo man , and he broke his hand on the fatty's head .

that's why he could not continue .

damn hilarious fight though . just goes to show , no matter how big they are , a well connected power strike will bring 'em down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: