Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm........I liked Blade II, in fact I think I'll add it to my DVD collection along with Kiss of the Dragon, The One, Iron Monkey, Replacement Killers, Blackhawk Down, We were Soldiers, so on and so on!!

I see all movies as a means of escape from the daily grind of life. Plots, choreography don't necessarily mean a whole lot to me. I'm either gonna like it or not. I've walked out on only 2 movies I can recall. One was a very bad rendition of what was suppose to be a martial arts film mixed with gymnastics( I think you all know what movie I'm referring to), and the other actually won some Academy Awards, which put me to sleep.

Well just my 2 cents on the topic.

Wado Guy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted earlier on Blade 2. I wasnt crazy for all the cgi stuff...in fact...it was annoying at times.

For those of you who need the clarification :

There is a BIG difference between between reality and what goes on in a movie.

Now, that having been said I want you guys to watch the movie again. Check out the "flow" of the moves Snipes is performing. Check out how he performs the moves. It takes someone with a descent degree of skill to pull off some of the things he did.

I'm not saying he is a martial arts deity or anything, but the guy is no joke for sure.

MonkeyNinja
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade 1 was totally awesome!
Blade 2 was not so good. The story line wasn't too good. The special effects was good. But overall I wasn't too impressed.
Blade3???? Just as long as they do more of the martial arts coreography, and less computer graphics.
Did you hear that Terminator 3 is supposed to be coming out in December or January? It is supposed to be in the timeline of after "Sarah" died. Should be interesting. Or I would hope it is.
MonkeyNinja

BlackI
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched it again for the 2nd time last night and I noticed Donnie Yen did the martial arts choregraphy for this movie. He is the guy how played in Iron Monkey

sk0t
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: BJJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Black 2, i think that it was an excellent compliment to the first one...I dont think that it was as good as the first one and the FX were a little overdone..but that is what I want in a movie, I dont want to watch a movie and see them do the same stuff that I do in a karate school...

It was good!

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

SUKU
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Krav Maga, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:24 am    Post subject: Blade II Reply with quote

Wesley Snipes is legit ... Check the moves and you'll see this from years of training and practice..... sure it's all scripted for da movies but Snipes is the real deal.....

SUKU
(52 HANDS BLOCK)
JAILHOUSE STYLE

PEACE

kchenault
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: TKD, little Hap Ki Do, Target Focus Training

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade 2 was a little gross, but I enjoy watching Mr. Snipes perform his "limited" number of techniques.

Side note, Blade is supposed to be a bad a$$, therefore bad a$$ moves.

Molson style
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: just kick ass and look cool doing it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked the blade movies.

Blade13
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, before I say anything... does anybody care to guess if I want to see BladeIII? haha

Yes! Oh yes! I cant wait. I loved the original and the sequel. Yes, I definately agree that there was WAY too much computer animation in Blade II. I don't think they are too bloody though. I have a very strong stomach. I could watch him skin each vampire and throw salt on them and not flinch. For me, sympathy pain went out the window a long long time ago. So yeah, I can watch anything. weeeeeee I like how they dont do the typical vampire movie. This is a bit more realistic (calling vampirism a virus, noting that crosses don't affect them, etc.). I normally can't stand vampire movies, but Blade is just great. BTW, being a fan of this movie isnt how I got my nickname. It came b4 the movie was released.

Molson style
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: just kick ass and look cool doing it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the special effects/blood fit the genre. it wouldn't be so cool if the reapers didn't look so freaky, or if frost wasn't able to be sliced in half and come back together like that. it doesnt really copy another movie's style that i know of.

blade is definetly one of my favorite movie series, but then again i'm a fan of vampires, and supernatural fights. i know the fighting's a lil fake but it's a movie so u expect that, and it's based on a comic book.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: