Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

BlackI
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: BLADE III Reply with quote

Hey Do you think they should make a BLADE 3? What were your thoughts on BLADE 2?

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade 3??? Man, I haven't even gotten a chance to see Blade 2!!!
I did like the original Blade though...even if it was kinda gross. I heard Blade 2 was even more graphic than Blade 1.

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

coltmakai
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: blade Reply with quote

they are in fact making a blade III

Martial_Artist
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: The Pure Art

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLADE II was a horrible movie. Further attesting that Wesley Snipes can't do martial arts. The production was terrible and made way too much use of unnecessary CGI FX shots. BLADE, however, was at least partially decent and had the redeeming quality of being somewhat original.

BLADE III? I was hoping they wouldn't....oh well.

BlackI
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I would say it was horrible, but I will agree that it was not as good as the First. CGI was overdone, but it had alot of fight scenes, but the plot sucked. I don't agree tha Wesley can't do MA. From what I hear he is very good at Capoeria and some other arts

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if we saw the same picture. But to me Wesley Snipes is one of the few actors in Hollywood that CAN do martial arts for real.
He's a high degree BB in shotokan Karate and he also trained in Capoeira and some other things.

As far as the movie goes. the movie was good in action. Less plot and too much FX, but well, it seems that's what are we going to get from Hollywood from now on.

Martial_Artist
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I have peculiar tastes, Wesley Snipes fight scenes are bad. They play to bad a$$ genre of fight movies. They way they are choreographed is completely unrealistic. (Don't believe me watch his fights in Blade II against all the vampire guards. He manages to take them all on one-by-one.....) Plus his technique is limited to break arm; side kick to the face.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching him as an actor. I enjoyed the Art of War, but his martial arts fight scenes are a bit lacking in realism and effect. But, hey, this is just my personal opinion and really doesn't matter in the end.

BlackI
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Martial_Artist,
Can you tell me a movie where you liked the fight scenes?

Just about all movie fight scenes are not realistic. This goes back to days of Bruce. Real fights are not pretty, but neither is life, so that is why we have movies.

I do agree about the choregraphy in the movie, they could have been a little more creative. I think the should have done some more fight scene with the elite guards, especially that girl.

Martial_Artist
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Return of the Dragon, Bruce Lee.

Kiss of the Dragon, Jet Li (although unrealistic, did contain many things very realistic and much creative on the choreagraphy)

Jackie Chan's Who am I, Operation Condor: The Armor of God. (Both of these movies contain some scenes not very realistic, but for the most part many of the scenes hold true)

Just about all movie fight scenes are unrealistic, the Chinese being as much a culprit as the Westerners. BUT, the chinese being a bit more creative in their choregraphy. They are, after all just movies and designed for entertainment.

For Wesley Snipes, his moves in the movies can almost literally be numbered on one hand.

As a numbered point for realism, when Westerners have a multiple opponent scene they seem to magically fight one opponent at a time. The other enemies lingering in the back. Now, while some chinese movies do this same thing, most show multiple enemies attacking simultaneously, especially Jackie Chan. He translates the realistic into something surreal, but still holding true to some aspects of fighting. Most westerners simply do not.

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
have you ever saw a documentary called "Jackie Chan: My Stunts"???
that was awesome.. the explained how he decided to reduce the number of attackes from his old chinese movies .. from 20 to around 5 and makes those 5 attack at the same time so he could create a more realistic like fight scene.
Also show how he changed the old traditional weapon to "prop" fighting using whatever; mops, chair, etc... He look for beautifull fights, not realistic fights but he tries to give a taste of reality at least.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: