Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Liam_Sullivan
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has neone heard of this man called Bob Jones cos i think hew brought kickboxing too Australia and he created Zen Do Kai
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but do you know anything about him well tell us/me please like to know something about him!!

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who he is, never heard of it.
but i would like to know.. All the ken do kai, shi do kan, are new to me.
thanks.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey SubmissionFighter congrats on your blue belt!!

and Liam_Sullivan again do you mind telling us some info on him????

Liam_Sullivan
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copied this off a site it is not my own work

Since the 1960's in Australia and later in New Zealand the name Bob Jones has become synonymous with the Security Industry and the Martial Arts. During these four decades Bob Jones has taught thousands of Australians to protect themselves and many of these students went on to become Black Belts in the Martial Arts. Bob Jones then taught the elite of these Black Belts how to "protect others" and they were then employed within the security industry.
Since the sixties he has met the security needs of many organisations, events and celebrities. In the seventies he secured all of Australia's major rock concerts that ran over several days and drew crowds in excess of 50,000. At each concert, hundreds of his Black Belts were employed to secure all aspects of public well being. In the eighties Bob Jones personally toured as Bodyguard to many major rock and roll celebrities including the Rolling Stones, Joe ****er, Fleetwood Mac, Europe's ABBA, David Bowie, Boy George and Linda Ronstadt to name just a few. The emergence of Zen Do Kai. "Since its very conception, Zen Do Kai has meant "the best of everything in progression" to us. It has always had the one overriding concept, does the technique really work? With that in mind Zen Do Kai has gone through constant evaluation, endeavouring to search for just that, truth in practicality." "In the teachings of my discipline as a fighting system, I endeavour to be a total purist. As a purist I translate Zen Do Kai to be adaptable to its current environment, which happens to be right now in the, to be a constant winner you have to be able to adapt to change."
"There have been many turning points in the organisation, but one that stands out in my mind was probably in 1980. By 1980 we had 300 clubs and around 5,000 students, but I felt I hadn't done enough, we weren't growing fast enough." "We had the desire to expose the benefits of martial arts training to everyone in the community and to make it something achievable for all." "So in 1980 we introduced the Jet Black system and In 1983 we developed the "FAST" (Freefighting-forms And Self-defence Tournaments) system. "
We put a lot of emphasis on heavy competition. We made it the most competitive style in the country, in order to lift and improve the standard through regular competition". "In 1984 we modified our training practices, with the aim of again training people to fight from more practical postures, and applying techniques that work straight away." "At the beginning of 1990 we introduced Muay Thai Boxing principles and techniques within our Zen Do Kai classes which again added to the effectiveness of what we were already doing. Further to all this, Bob Jones is recognised as the father of Australian Kickboxing. "On September 9, in 1976 I promoted Australia's inaugural kickboxing event. Kickboxing is painfully "true". If it doesn't work you find out about it in the square ring." "It was during a world tour with Rod Stroud, ( number two in our organisation), to set up three World Kickboxing Titles and an International Teams Event for the America's Cup "Festival of Sport" in 1986, that we both met Thai Boxing in the flesh. We trained with Tom Harink in Amsterdam with some of his world champions and in Thailand regularly in the past ten years and both of us have included Muay Thai into our Zen Do Kai regime almost daily ever since."
Bob Jones's time is also carefully allotted to advise and guide his martial arts organisation of 1,000 schools of self defence throughout Australasia currently developing 20,000 students towards Black Belt. He has made numerous television appearances providing self defense tips for women. He writes regular magazine columns and provides expert commentary for kick boxing bouts. He holds the rank of seventh dan, is one of the highest ranked martial artists in Australia and in 1997 was awarded the prestigious Blitz Martial Arts Magazine Lifetime Achievement Award. He has a number of highly successful business interests. He is a grand father and family man.
He continues to take an active interest in the ongoing development of Zen Do Kai, with many highly qualified instructors to assist him, conducting training sessions and seminars throughout the country.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found his website - he's been around for quite awhile apparently and been a bodyguard to the stars for many years...interesting life he's lead! Thanks for the info Liam.

Lori

-Unknown-

Liam_Sullivan
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i missed him he was in perth shud have gone seen him hasnt got many years left in him

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i finally know who your talking about!!

thanks for the info Liam_Sullivan!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: