Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Bracing Reply with quote

There is a very effective way to generate power to deliver blows at close range, that involves bracing.

With mainly two types of bracing inside and outside.

This is carried out by usually making contact with the opponent's forearm with one arm and striking a blow with the other.

A step is usually involved for both methods, for the outside, first step outside, pivot turning into the opponent with the whole body and brace, then deliver a blow.

For the inside, a pivot bracing turn, then step further in and deliver the blow.

There are any number of ways to using this bracing method with all punches.

If you are not aware of this type of bracing as there others, I would suggest that you investigate this concept more closely, as it is not difficult to learn and it will definitely provide you with some amazing results against your opponents.

Here are some examples of bracing, hopefully this primer will help towards understanding the concept enough that you can make use of the idea in practice.

https://youtu.be/NAfKI20F44U

Do you capitalise on bracing methods in conjunction with delivering blows and blocking?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: