Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Treebranch
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Budo Taijutsu, Boxing,Lars Wallin BJJ, Machado Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kung Fu San Soo, Lima Lama, Taekwondo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I forgot to mention that. He wouldn't last very long against Tito or Tank, these guys are way to big and too powerful. I think he would need his Nunchakus.

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

martialartist1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: no style as style

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruce would of done really well for his weight class. infact he would of gone all the way and won it. its thats charisma and obsession he had, which is why he was the best martial artist and would of won.
even though the chances are he would not of entered because he didnt believe in sport rules. infact bruce dislike the rules.

Stold
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er.....What are you guys talking about? Bruce did train a ground game. I can't remember the name of the grappler that whupped him at the moment.

He even demonstrates a little grappling in his movies. Beginning of Enter the Dragon?

Some of you guys act like the gracies invented grappling. Nearly every culture has a form of grappling.

granmasterchen
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking of the good ol' days of the UFC, where there were no weight classes, if he got hit by one of those guys i think it would ;have been over, plus you have to consider how much martial arts has evolved since his day, he started a craze then martial artist took what was good and mixed it to make it better....keep this in mind, he would have done well but not have won, after the first UFC though he would start to train differently, by the time the next rolled around who knows what he would have done, but after a few times i think that he would be a top contender, he would just need the practice of the actual UFC matches to use as reference for his future trainings.

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha, another point was raised that i'd forgotten about. mr. lee (i wasn't aware y'all were on a first name basis with him) was not at all a fair fighter. i don't think he would've thought twice about kicking them in the groin, gouging their eyes out, or biting them.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys who were in UFC one knew about ground work as well but the Gracies took it to a place none of them had any clue about. They are the only reason we are having this talk now. No one has had a bigger impace on MA since Chuck Norris in the eraly 80's and Lee before him.

yellowsnow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows?? But since you posted against Tito, I believe Tito would slam him and proceed to ground and pound till the ref stopped. Since Tito is way heavier

In his own weight class, no one can really say. It is totally different now. 2 different worlds almost.

YS

mtmaniac
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Muay thai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do so many people consider Lee a great fighter? Wasn't he foremost an actor and a philosopher. What combat arts did he actually compete in?

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee had lots of street fights where people say he was about 50/50 but like we have said for a 128lbs guy in the 1960's thats not bad.

shotokanwarrior
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Self Defense

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that he would compete because he did not like rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15
Jump to: