Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Stold
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not the point TJS, I asked how many fights did he win?

Bruce did train submissions. Hell, he even demonstrated it in some of his movies. You guys act like the gracies invented grappling. Almost every country has some indigenous form of wrestling.

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to disagree,his weight would have nothing to do with UFC after all Royce Gracie wasn't exactly that big,infact he was scrawny himself and beat every guy bigger then him in the ring but one I believe.

Royce Gracie is bigger than Bruce Lee and even him had problems to defeat bigger guys like Kimo and Dan Severn.

I think Bruce Lee would have lost because he didn't have close to even half the skills these UFC guys have.

If he was going to compete, I guess he'll train on the necesary techniques for that kind of competition. Remember he was already training in Boxing and Wrestling. Just watch his movies and you'll notice he was using less and less traditional kung fu techniques on them.
Anyway, He wouldn't compete, by the time UFC started Bruce Lee were going to be like 60 years old.

Despite what we have seen of him in movies and what we've heard of him,when it comes down to it Bruce Lee was just an actor who happened to know martial arts.I really doubt he was as good as we have all been made to believe.

Bruce Lee as far as I am concerned was the best martial arts actor,but he was definitely no God and no real great martial artist.

He was a martial artist. If you read his books and bio's, He didn't trained M.A. for the movies but for street fights. He used to be a street fighter in his teens back in Hong Kong. I cannot say he was the BEST M.A. EVER on the planet, of course he wasn't and yes, there might be a lot of hype about his M.A. skills but he was a martial artist.

shotokanwarrior
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Self Defense

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the grappler you are talking about is gene lebell. as far as the first ufc's grappling was not new, the people fighting just did not know what they were doing ( execpt for ken). Bruce lee trained for the street and not for compitition. I do not think that he would have done very well

wrestlingkaratechamp
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Brown belt shotkan karate/black belt 1st dan BJJ(8 years) high school wrestling champion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce lee would be better off fighting Jet li or something.

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stold wrote:
Thats not the point TJS, I asked how many fights did he win?

Bruce did train submissions. Hell, he even demonstrated it in some of his movies. You guys act like the gracies invented grappling. Almost every country has some indigenous form of wrestling.

I know your point and my point was that he got submitted by a Man that was Choked out By Royce in 40 seconds.

Yes Bas some fights before he started training in grappling..but he didint fight many world class opponets at that point and once he did learn those skills is when he became the fighter he is today.

alanseijas
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Isshinryu, Shorinryu, Fut Sao

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be great to see? I don't think Bruce would ever get in a ring, though. He didn't like gloves, either. He never fought in martial arts tournaments; he didn't believe one should fight simply for the sake of a trophy.
The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

sano
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: shidokan karate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if he does the one inch punch it would be all over. you should of said chuck norris because he was kickboxing and karate champion.

wrestlingkaratechamp
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Brown belt shotkan karate/black belt 1st dan BJJ(8 years) high school wrestling champion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norris is getting old isn't he? My friend told me he was almost 70

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.imdb.com says that he was born on march 10, 1940. geez...

sano
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: shidokan karate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sixty three but i ment to say him in his hey day. but hey even now he would kill the ufc he has the texas rangers to back him up. and also on one of his shows frank shamrock was on there and i think chuck norris beat the crap out of frank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15
Jump to: