Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

superfighter
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: judo, muay tai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Bruce Lee UFC Reply with quote

We all know that Bruce Lee was an amazingly fast sticker. Would this have given him an advantage in the UFC?
if alive today how long do you reckon he would last against Guys like Tito ortiz and Tank Abbot?
Lets not forget that Bruce Lee also studied some ground grappling too, Maybe not the extent of the of the MMArtists today but he knew how to grapple.

granmasterchen
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was good, but i don't think he would do to well over all in the UFC, it just wasn't his style,.....granted he had the experience and all ....i think he would do ok, yet he wouldn't be the overall winner

YoungGrasshopper
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

??? Bruce Lee doing good in the UFC? HELL YEAH. He only weighed 128lb, he would rip up anyone in his weight class.

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point, young grasshopper ( ). at 128 pounds, he wouldn't have anyone to fight against!

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Differant time.

Its like asking how Babe Ruth would do againt Randy Johnson. Sure the Babe was the Babe but guys did not throw 100 back in the day. Maybe high 80's. Anyone whos knows baseball thats a big differance.

Could a pro bowl NFL plaer of 60's and 70's be a good player today as big and fast as guys are. Id be shocked if they could.

The time you live makes a big differance. MA and espically MMA and NHB has grown so much in the last year I don't think Lee could have seen the extent the ground game would play. He taught to use your longest weapon the side kick and back fist.

However at 128lbs yeah he would have had a hard time finding anyone on his leval. LOL...

Stold
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce had a ground game. After that one grappler whupped his * he had to change his style again to compensate for ground fighting.

How well would he do in the UFC...Well damn, if he was as good as everyone says then he should do well. If he was as good as everyone says, anyways.

SupaNinjaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm.. if Bruce Lee was still alive and wanted to fight in the UFC, then that would mean he'd be 60+ years old, weighing 128-130lbs as a result the best match for him would be Helio Gracie.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce may have done some grund work but as TJS and myself have talked many times no one was ready for the Gracie Ground Game in 93 when he came to the UFC to show off his style. The Gracie family changed the way we all think about MA's. Bruce believed in his side kick and backfist as I said even once he went away frok JKD.

Treebranch
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Budo Taijutsu, Boxing,Lars Wallin BJJ, Machado Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kung Fu San Soo, Lima Lama, Taekwondo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bruce Lee would have fought in UFC #1 where no one knew what to expect and there were no weight classes. I think depending on who he fought he probably would have done well. But I think if he had to fight Royce Gracie, I think he would have lost, but who knows what Bruce was really capable of. Maybe Bruce would have been extra dirty and surprise alot of people.

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was smart..he would not have won the UFC but he would have started learning the ground game and takedown defenses..as a result he would have done well in his weight class .

he did weight 128 pounds and as a result tito ortiz or tank would pin his against the cage and ground and pound him into a bloddy mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15
Jump to: