Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Jason Hun mentioned some E/C/A stack that would reduce muscle loss when running, I was just wondering if there were any natural alternatives so when I run I do not cannibalize muscle... for example would simply eating a bit more protein before/after a run help or what?

Advice here nutricianists please
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a nutritionist, but here goes...
if you aren't supporting your muscles with a healthy diet they will deplete because your body will burn muscle off as energy.
Guess what - your muscle will burn off first before your body kicks into your stored body fat.
Also your body will start burning off sugar before it starts using your stored fat as fuel for energy. So if your diet isn't supporting your exercise program and your program isn't supporting you health and fitness goals then your body is going to find it ver difficult to burn body fat.

If your work out includes lots of cardio, then on top of that you are performing more cardiovascular exercise such as running then your muscle may again burn off first before your body fat. In other words "over fat burning" can cause depletion of muscle. Which means less muscle tone.
Remember you need muscle to help burn fat!
Your muscles use all three types of fuel that the body uses... carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Which fuel the muscles use will depend on whether you are at rest or moving...and how you're moving as well. When at rest, your
muscles prefer to burn fat as fuel. When you are exercising intensively, you mainly burn the carbohydrate glucose, either straight from the bloodstream or as the breakdown product of glycogen, a storage form of carbohydrate. During endurance sports - such
as distance running...the muscles use fats as their primary energy source, but "burn" carbohydrates to get the best output of energy from their consumption of fats.

So, besides eatting carbs before running or working out, you can also supplement with nutrients. Amino Acids to look for are Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine,Smilax Officinalis and Inosine are very effective for burning fat and keeping muscle.

Deby

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words you can't win
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yeah, thanks for the help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww...geez...it's not that bad! In reality it's everything in moderation...diet & exercise...you can go to extremes in doing both...you just have to find out the right combo that works for you. And for us who find it difficult to distinguish what he/she should do to obtain their desired results...well, maybe a personal trainer & nutritionist should be consulted.
Remember...nothing in life comes easy or without cost! NOTHING! Invest in yourself and in time you will reap the benefits of all your hard work!
Deby
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: