Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:44 am    Post subject: Celebrating Wastelander's 10 Years on Staff Reply with quote

Hey all,

Today marks a big milestone for Noah (Wastelander), as it was 10 years ago today that he joined our staff at KarateForums.com.

During the last 10 years, Noah's contributions to this community have been many. Certainly, if you've spent much time here, you've likely bumped into him, and he's probably asked you a thoughtful question, provided you with a reasoned perspective, or made you feel more welcome here. Beyond the public contributions, Noah has been dedicated and ever-present as a moderator, helping to maintain the friendly and respectful atmosphere that our community has known for.

In addition to being on staff for 10 years, Noah has been a member for 12 and a half years, and during that time, we've had the good fortune to watch him grow as a martial artist. Noah began training in the martial arts in 2006. 2010 was the year he joined KarateForums.com and that same year, he started training in Shorin-Ryu, which put him on the path to becoming an instructor and eventually starting his own school in 2019. As an online content creator, Noah has always set an impeccable example of how to participate in a community like this earnestly, in a way that builds respect, without being self-promotional or falling into the temptation of linking to yourself.

Personally, though much of my interaction with Noah involves KF and staff members, I've also been able to interact with him outside of the community through other platforms, and to further broaden my perspective on the type of person he is, and I'm proud to call him a friend. Sooner or later, I hope Noah will find himself in Los Angeles or I'll find myself in Phoenix, and we'll have a chance to get together in-person.

In reaching 10 years as a staff member, Noah joins an exclusive club of 6 KarateForums.com members, all of which have received a physical award, which represents the appreciation that we have for the outstanding contributions that they have made to this community. Noah already has the award, and posted a photo on Instagram with it. Here's a picture I took before shipping it:

Noah, thank you for being a part of this community, for all of the amazing mark you have left on it, and for all of your kindness and support over the years. It means a lot.

Everyone reading this, I hope you'll join me in congratulating Noah, and feel free to share any memories of your own.

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Noah for reaching the milestone of 10 years as part of the KF Staff. You're a solid part of both the KF community and Staff. All that you've done for KF, its members, and the MA are not overlooked nor are they taken lightly because with each contribution in and out of KF, there's an exclamation point that can't be denied.

As a fellow Staffer, you're solid as granite in both context as well as in content across the board. You're very helpful to both KF members and KF Staffers without any hesitation. There's no selfish bone in you across the board.

I consider you a close friend in and out of KF. You're a very solid MAist as well and I hope one day soon that I can share the floor with you on one capacity or another; I'd consider that an honor and privilege.

The picture of you holding the KF Award looks outstanding. You both look FANTASTIC!!

Again, congratulations and well deserved!!

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, that is quite an achievement. An impressive amount of dedication and effort involved in getting there - now onwards to 20!!

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Patrick, and everyone else, for the kind words, and the award! I was honestly quite surprised when I received it in the mail--it hadn't even occurred to me that I had been a moderator here for so long, already! I look forward to staying the course, and continuing to watch KF grow and evolve, along with its members.
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Thanks for all that you do for the site.

Karate no michi!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Noah! A well deserved award! Thanks for all you've done here at KF, and here's to the next 10 years on staff!

R5ky
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: