Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bruce__L
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for correction, Bruce's striking speed in 3 feet wasn't 5 tenth of a second, but 5 hundredths of a second!

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would be pretty good for utterly decimating an opponent with a flurry of fists.

You have your hand strikes, foot strikes, blocks, and grappling. Imagine what an advantage you'd have if your hand strikes could be sent out with such a speed and rapidity. I might look into purchasing this video, I would just like to feel more secure about it before spending my money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, is the tape's chain hitting instructions limited to Kung Fu techniques, and are they presented generally or specifically for one art? If specifically for one art's techniques, can it be easily interpreted and used for anothers? thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singularity, you there?

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post, sorry

[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2002-01-04 15:44 ]

Singularity
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry yes I'm here. I was gone for a week visiting an old friend. It is not a "kung fu" tape. In the end, it has some kenpo influence, but it is really more about speed in several arts, not just kung fu.

Dave

Hwa-rang
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this is late but this post caught my intrest i have not done any form of kung-fu
yet and this is the first iv heard of chain punching. but when you perform this technique
how much power does it contain, it couldnt be to powerful if is that fast.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power comes from speed and mass, so, its more of a matter of sustaining the speed to keep the hits being powerful I would imagine.

Slider
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not scientifically possible to hit someone 11 or even 16 times per sec. BOOM!
That was 1 sec....your telling me you just hit me 11 times? Thats B.S. dude...I have been training in Kenpo for 13 years and it places heavy emphisis on the use of "fast hands" and I know for a fact you can't do that....its against the laws of physics.
Theres no way in hell that you can hit someone 11 times in 1 sec....anyone who claims that he can should call guiness and prove it.

Hasta!!

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-01-18 09:57 ]

Singularity
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as someone is calling for proof, the instructor in these tapes has been clocked by Black Belt Magazine at 16 hits per second. I also sincerely want to know, why is it against the laws of physics? I have seen 16 per second, 24 in 2 seconds, and performed about 11 per second. Realize that this includes checks, blocks, and not all of the hits are just full-on fist punches. Some are different forms of chops or gouges. Angles of attack have a lot to do with it.

Also, I suspected that everyone would bring up power. In several of the hits in these tapes, you are hitting specific points on the neck, head, and groin. These are places where power is slightly less important. However, power is maintained as long as the technique and speed are maintained. Also, a lot of the ending moves to these techniques are elbows or other naturally more powerful blows, but they come in at the end where they have been set up.

I understand all skepticism, it sounds like an insult to serious martial artists. I personally don't think it is. For you Slider, this guy does have some roots in kenpo, he enjoys how fast of a style it is. He also has become certified in Wing Chun, other forms of military martial arts, and too many others to list here, they're on the website if you're really curious. Another point I think is interesting about this is you can apply it to your own martial art. In fact, this guy kind of insists that you do so. He does give self-defense drills on the tapes, but he also says that it can be applied to any art.

Anyways, I hope I covered everything mentioned, let me know if I haven't, I love criticism in this forum.

Dave
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: