Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

tessone
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think that line of reasoning has its dangers, too. Paul writes a great deal (especially in 1 Corinthians) about the possibility of evil entering into even the teaching of the Gospel.

So just because something has positive benefits doesn't mean it can't be sinful.

That said, I don't think internal arts are something to be avoided. Just go about them with sound faith.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Coonaxus
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say to tessone and fenwick, that I am very encouraged by some of the things you've said. I'm also a christian and a lot of christian people I talk to about martial arts are against it. I'm studying Hung-Ga kung fu. Though I haven't done any meditation or anything like that in this style, I have to say that you have to be a judge for yourself. Just keep Christ first in your life and glorify Him in everything you do.

tessone
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of Christians who haven't spent much time with Scripture over-react to things that really aren't dangerous--holistic medicine, Harry Potter, the whole DisneyWorld boycott... I see nothing wrong with practicing internal arts, and if you see improvement specifically as a result of those arts, I wouldn't suspect anything evil in it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Coonaxus
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: