Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Sutton_uk
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right im not the thinest of people coz im abit chunky Has any1 got any tips on making muslce without any equpiment and limited space.

username115
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost about 30 lbs over the last year. I think it's 3 fold :

username115
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, hit submit at start, sorry 'bout that. Ok where were we.... .....

1) Diet: You have to watch what you eat. Cut the calories to 2000-2500 day, but eat well, less fat, starch etc. more protein, and good stuff. Remember to eat well!

2) Excercise : Excercise will increase your metabolism, get your heart going, and help you loose weight. You will also feel better about yourself...excercise a few times a week, but also get rest days. Will allow muscles to heal and make sure you can give 100% next time you excercise.

3) Adding Muscle : The excerice you do might well help to add muscle in certain parts (running, swimming etc). I would suggest (with no equip / limited space), do some push ups, chin ups (if u can get a bar up), and situps....

Generally watch diet, excercise more, and do something to build muscle. Don't try and do too much too soon, or you'll P$5! yourself off, and end up throwing the towel in. Take it nice and slow, build into it...that's it...and good luck with it.

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent way of putting it Graham.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i went to lose weight after a year off martial arts (i was 115kg and am now averaging 80) i started back up in a calisthenics program that i had in development before i gave the MA's away for a bit.

You must always eat breakfast!!! always always always!! never miss it if u can possibly help it!

Anyway, there are many things u can do:

1) Microwave warmups = run a shuttle of 20 metres/yards whatever, drop and do 10 pushups, 10 crunches or leglifts or whatever, get up and do 10 squats. Run back the 20 metres and do 9,9,9... etc.
As you get stronger and fitter, increase the number of reps u do. When i stopped doing this program i could do 30, 28, 26.. down to 2. Now i just do weights and running etc.
2) Bruce Lee once described running as the master of all exercises (as is stated on this board), so go for a run. Start off slow. i don't suggest doing running for distance, just jog. Wear a stopwatch and run for 10 minutes without stopping. I know that the guys in Thailand do 45 minutes a day (amoungts their other Muay Thai training methods).
3)Skipping rope is one of the best exercises in the world too. it works cardio-vascular endurance as well as building muscle in the legs.
4) Pullups are also excellent. If u can integrate them into the microwave warmups then u will havea great alround exercise (but don't worry if u can't).
5) If you're only just starting abck up in exercise then take it easy. Do it every second day and as u start to notice more results then up the reps. Nowadays i workout everyday except for one, which i use to relax, and do nothing strenuous.

Hope this helped a little dude. And remember, u r what u eat, so lay off too much of the fatty stuff.
Angus

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Angus...are microwave warm-ups the same as circuit training? That's fun...stops you getting bored with one thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another microwave workout...jumping jacks in front of the microwave until the popcorn is done popping..lol

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say that MW's are the same as circuit training but it's for people who have limitted room like this dude.

If u can get a punching bag then all your worries are forever behind u but he didn't have any equipment, so i gathered.

If only i'd known as much about the human body back in highschool as i do now, i would have gotten 100% on the science exam instead of 85%

Angus

Sutton_uk
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great help guys and girls

As you know im only young im 13 and i going to take all your infomation and use it
Thanx

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, i didn't know u were 13.

The flab u have is probably just baby fat or something. I suggest u take the workouts VERY easy if ur only 13 cos ur body is still growing and u don't wanna cause any damage to urself.

Angus

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: