Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Cirque du Soleil to feature Martial Arts Reply with quote

"This new show is based on movement and performance, and will feature acrobatic dance, martial arts, puppets, music, singing and Cirque du Soleils acrobatic savoir-faire and will illustrate the battle that life forces us to wage against ourselves."

Have you ever wanted to run away and join the circus? ... but you aren't the bearded lady, a midget or the world's strongest man???
You say you're a "martial artist"?

Well you can now join the circus ... well at least the Cirque du Soleil

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/NR/exeres/00009ea4oslnkkyoaixnunto/urgent_and_opening_details.asp?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=%2fCirqueDuSoleil%2fen%2fjobs%2fonstage%2fopening%2fMGM_martialarts%2ehtm&NRNODEGUID=%7b06B72D66-ADA7-4165-9033-566EC081DE1E%7d&NRQUERYTERMINATOR=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

Zlatan
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think anyone really cares about ma being in a circus show, in my opinion.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought maybe someone here may want a new career!

Actually, this French "circus" is probably realizing the success of the Wheel of Life by incorporating martial arts.
If you have ever seen any of the shows ... many of the acrobatics are truly awesome. Would love to see capoeira and yes,..... some "flashy TKD kicks!!

rb
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: judo, bjj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post KickChick. I hope they hold their martial artist to the same high standards as their other performers. It would make for a spectacular show.

They are actually a Canadian company although they have grown to incorporate performers from around the globe. I don't know if I agree with the Wheel of life connection. The show was pretty bad.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, actually they have taken the Wheel to Las Vegas as a show. Talk about circus!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: