Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Against my better wishes, I finally watched Season 1 and 2 on YouTube Premium; took me 2 days to watch. Better late than never, as they say.

Let me say this, I thought I was going to be disappointed, however, I wasn't disappointed whatsoever. The story lines kept me on the edge of my seat, especially in how the dynamics of each character, and story lines, kept me on that emotional roller coaster.

As in any great well written story line, I was tossed back and forth in cheering and booing equally through both seasons. You see the vulnerability that is inside of each and every character quite seamingless; that credit goes to the combined genius of Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg, and Josh Heald.

I'm torn at deciding, and I'm a staunch fan of Games of Thrones, which finale was better...Game of Thrones Season 8 or Cobra Kai Season 2?!?!?

I will be watching Cobra Kai Season 3, which has been delayed during this Covid-19 pandemic, this up and coming summer 2020. The tidbits in the Season 2 finale, have me excited for what lies to become a possible conclusion, of which I do hope that Cobra Kai lasts more than just 3 seasons. To see Ali return, with Ali saving Miguel, after all, Ale is currently a pediatric surgeon, and with the possible love triangle with her, Johnny, and Daniel; but will Elizabeth Shue reprise, is to be seen, after all, she's still an active actress.

I’d be surprised if Elizabeth Shue does make an appearance, but I wouldn’t be shocked. I think actors do stuff like this often enough to say so, but I don’t think it gets publicized that often. They do stuff like theater, so why not a quick extended cameo here?

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be getting close to season 3, sounds like it's all ready to release, they just holding off until they can do all the promotional tour stuff. My 14 yr old daughter can't wait! Me neither TBH, I have become a Johnny fan and Daniel has become a bit of a tosser to me............

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulltahr wrote:
Must be getting close to season 3, sounds like it's all ready to release, they just holding off until they can do all the promotional tour stuff. My 14 yr old daughter can't wait! Me neither TBH, I have become a Johnny fan and Daniel has become a bit of a tosser to me............

Agree 100% on all!

Nevinyrral
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel was the real bully

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to it. I must admit Season 2 was not as enjoyable for myself as the first season. I have to admit I found the level of violence between Teenagers rather uncomfortable viewing, although, very well executed from a choreography perspective. I like how they are adding modern touches but remain focused on telling a story with the fighting, instead of making an outstanding fight scene. Not to say the fight scenes are not of a high standard, rather, the focus seems to be on the storytelling as in the films and it is to the benefit of the show. I just do not need that level of violence to believe in the interpersonal conflict between these characters.

I am excited to see how they proceed forward with all the story hooks told. I like both Johnny and Daniel, but they are both flawed and what likeability they have does not change that they both have problematic qualities. Johnny wants to put a lot of things right and comes across as a person who just needs to be given a sincere chance by the right people. Daniel has an immature streak and has a lack of personal fortitude when he feels his success is challenged. Time has not taught him humility. I am just hoping for a good outcome for Miguel at this point. The kid has been put through the wringer and deserves better from the people around him

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get caught up. I got part way through season 2, and then kind of just fell away. I guess I started to tire of the story a little.

I am intrigued by the juxtaposition of Daniel and Johnny's characters and personalities as they've matured into adulthood. The two of them don't realize that they've swapped places. It's a good lesson in trying not to attach the idea of one's past character to who the presently are. Neither one of them have learned that yet.

Capella
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CobraKai has been acquired by Netflix. Season 3 is supposed to come out later this year (September or October).

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capella wrote:
CobraKai has been acquired by Netflix. Season 3 is supposed to come out later this year (September or October).

Hurray!!!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some news... we've started watching Cobra Kai, in anticipation of the Netflix release. I am only a few episodes in, but I'll be back when I'm all caught up!

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Capella
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 1 and 2 should be dropping on Netflix today, season 3 is scheduled for 2021 (according to the Netflix trailer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: