Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, rule number one is don't get yourself in trouble your first week of marriage! Congrats on getting married, Ash!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 4 is out! And I'm a few episodes in. To be safe, I am going to go ahead and add "(SPOILERS)" to the title of this thread!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've seen so far of Season 4 hasn't disappointed me whatsoever. I love how the writers, and all bring the episodes to a raging boil, wanted more and more!!

Spodo Komodo
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Wado Ryu, Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the setup for season 5 - ambiguous honour, betrayal, loose ends and another returning character.

Seriously though, CK should be a blueprint for how to approach much loved movie franchises that people grew up with. It is obviously written by a team that know and love the canon.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the season and the show. Season 4 is full of twists and turns. Terry Silver is a great addition to this and I hope to see Mike Barnes eventually. I won't spoil anything or say how far I have gotten into it, other than we see Silver right away. I kind of wish these shows got posted once a week to drag it out a bit because I am going to watch all the episodes in two days then have to wait a year to see what happens next. If I don't watch it right away someone is sure to spoil it for me.

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Styles: Boxing, Korean Karate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went crazy and I refrained from posting because I tend to get overexcited and use language that is not how you say, dignified.

So here are my thoughts:

Terry became a better person. Friendship well apart because Kreese abandoned Terry after the tournament. It was implied that the Borneo toxic deal was discovered and that rocked Silvers world. During that time, Silver needed a friend and Kreese was not there. Silver resented that.

Kreese comes back to his life. Wants him to comeback, guilt trips him, shames him, makes him feel bad when Terry is teaching kids to be respectful and strong. Kreese was unhappy that Terry called him out on his thirst for vengeance.

Silver starts falling apart mentally because of Kreese verbal abuse, he snaps in to his old unhinged self that we love from karate kid 3. Problem is, he attacks Johnny who Kreese adores. So Kreese shames him again. This makes him a target to the unhinged and unleashed Terry that I consider to be legendary.

In the end, Terry returns to his ruthless self that we saw in karate kid 3 and this time, he is number 1 boss. In fact, a bit worse and more dangerous because he is not motivated by friendship but by chaos and carnage.

Terry Silver= Mix of batman and joker. Like batman, he is rich and a trained martial artist who knows how to dress, has butler, mansion and access to resources. Like the joker, he is wild, unpredictable and unconventional which makes him dangerous. Terry when in a state of madness is one of the most dangerous villains in any work of fiction.

ashworth
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, IJR Karate, Iaido, Kobudo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on with what you said about Silver, they have now given us someone worse than Kreese, and I kinda like the fact that Kreese showed that he was starting to change, didn't push Tory and told her to do it her way, Kreese to me then looked like a good guy... and that shows just how much of a bad guy Terry Silver is if he can make Kreese look like a good guy!

Thoughts on Robbie this season? is he going to go full circle and join the good guys? maybe fix his relationship with his Dad and join Eagle fang?

Over all I loved the season, felt a little short but that's probably because we watched it all in two sittings!

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've watched all of it, so I'm back! Enjoyed it!

I'm not sure what to make of Robbie at this point. The end of the season makes you think he might have gained some perspective but... it was pretty shocking what they did to Hawk. So, that's a pretty quick turnaround. Same for Tory.

Will be interesting to see what they try for a redemptive arch for Kreese. Out of Robbie, Tory, and Kreese, who is going to be a legitimate good person in season 5?

I have never seen any of the Karate Kid movies, but it has been fun to see all of these characters return, not knowing much of them. Just watched a video that talked about Silver's sidekicks from The Karate Kid Part III. The Karate Kid Cinematic Universe has been pretty good to the show so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ashworth
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, IJR Karate, Iaido, Kobudo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell who would turn into a legitimate good person in season 5... This show surprises me a lot and when I try to guess things like this I'm always way off. Maybe they do something like kill of Kreese next season? he comes back, tries to do something good and gets killed? something that maybe they don't find out about until the end and it makes them all respect him slightly?

Robbie I think could turn good again, after his little hug with his Dad unless they have an annoy relationship like Daniel and Johnny, one minute everything's good and getting along fine, then one of them feels left out and kicks off.

What do we think about Eagle Fang? initially I thought it was only going to last a couple of episodes and then merge into
Miyagi do, or both merge and become a totally new club. But season 4 made Eagle Fang more of a legitimate club than I expected.

Patrick... I am shocked! are you planning on rectifying your mistake and watching the films?

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himokiri Karate wrote:
I went crazy and I refrained from posting because I tend to get overexcited and use language that is not how you say, dignified.

So here are my thoughts:

Terry became a better person. Friendship well apart because Kreese abandoned Terry after the tournament. It was implied that the Borneo toxic deal was discovered and that rocked Silvers world. During that time, Silver needed a friend and Kreese was not there. Silver resented that.

Kreese comes back to his life. Wants him to comeback, guilt trips him, shames him, makes him feel bad when Terry is teaching kids to be respectful and strong. Kreese was unhappy that Terry called him out on his thirst for vengeance.

Silver starts falling apart mentally because of Kreese verbal abuse, he snaps in to his old unhinged self that we love from karate kid 3. Problem is, he attacks Johnny who Kreese adores. So Kreese shames him again. This makes him a target to the unhinged and unleashed Terry that I consider to be legendary.

In the end, Terry returns to his ruthless self that we saw in karate kid 3 and this time, he is number 1 boss. In fact, a bit worse and more dangerous because he is not motivated by friendship but by chaos and carnage.

Terry Silver= Mix of batman and joker. Like batman, he is rich and a trained martial artist who knows how to dress, has butler, mansion and access to resources. Like the joker, he is wild, unpredictable and unconventional which makes him dangerous. Terry when in a state of madness is one of the most dangerous villains in any work of fiction.

Very nice.

Silver is to Kreese was Iago is to Othello.

On another note, I think the writers loved Silver's character in KK3, as we got several references to him before he was in the series. So many people bash KK3 as being a terrible movie, and it is, (though at one time I liked it) but without it we don't have Silver. That alone makes the movie worth watching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: