Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Gorgoth
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh... this thread has been around for a long * time... and i'm just now reading it... hehe...

well... i think competition is GREAT....

I used to be a tournament fighter... i haven't been in one in a couple years now...

A lot of the tournament are starting to be filled with a bunch of wussies...

I have been kicked out of 3 tournament for "intentionally hurting my opponent" or some bull like that...

I was participating in a tournament a couple years back in Austin, TX... This was at the time when I was in Tae Kwon Do and I was used to all of my long, high kick combos... The ref blew the whistle and at that instant i hit the guy under the jaw with a cross-step side-kick... knocked him out... I was disqualified for using excessive force or something... i only kicked him once... it was a full-contact tournament... so i figured i could do that...

well... i have been to some BRUTAL tournaments (not participated in... just spectated...) I saw one guy get his kneecap dislocated... he then put his hand over his knee... and he popped it back into place... he then stood up... and continued to fight... he lost... but man that took guts to do that... i have also seen a guy doing a form with a pair of Kamas when he screwed up and literally cut part of his scalp off... he finished the form... bowed to the judges... walked off the platform... over to his bench... and passed out...

have you ever seen wolverine's fight in the beginning of the X-Men movie where he blocks a guys punch with a returning punch? In a tournament I saw a guy block a punch like that... only when he hit the guys fist, the guys fist didnt collapse... instead, he kept the fist tight and blood spurted from his wrist where the bones collapsed on themselves... it was horribly gruesome...

The last two tournaments i spoke of (kamas and the wrist) were both full-contact invite-only tournaments in Dallas, TX...

I'm convinced that the guys in those tourneys were totally INSANE... hehe...

the only reason i was allowed to view those tournaments was because my sensei was competing in it and he brought his two highest ranking students.... which was a friend of mine and me...

i like competitions... but they can be VERY brutal...

hehe... thats just my ten cents... so to speak...

-Gor

Slider
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

competitions are sweet, I have been competing for 13 years...I highly reccomend em!!

Hasta!!
Slider

Lau gar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my club just enters kinda freindly comps but there still kinda cool

crazydee
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

competitions are great, they force you to keep in shape and train harder. Meet new peeps, travel the country or world. Make new friends new connections, see new things, learn more styles. Knowledge is power.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: