Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to condition your hands find a good chinese martial arts instructor...for god sakes don't do it the japanese way...no offence to any karateka's.

defenestration_girl
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am getting worried here....
should i stop wraping? ive done it scince i started to protect my wrists, and now im hearing that i should not wrap them and try to strengthen them?
personally i dont see the point as i am simply doing kickboxing because i enjoy it, it keeps me fit, its great stress relief AND i hope to fight in amature competitions soon.
besides, i never get into fights and dont plan to, but if i did the bleeding knuckles would be a reminder not to get into fights.
is there ever a situation in proffesional fights, where the contestants have bear knuckles
then i think it is ok to strengthen them

confused me x

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you a wrapping your hands there is nothing wrong with that. You are providing extra wrist support a knuckle protection. If all you plan on doing is ring sport, then there is no need to condition your hands.

In the past there were several full contact styles that used bare knuckles, and some still do; however, the majority of fights require the use of boxing gloves. In several countries bare knuckle matches are illegal.

Bottom line...hand conditioning is not necessary for amatuer kickboxing events.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: