Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

little kicker
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: judo,boxing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the suggestions.
Blackbelt1400 thanks for ure concern yeah he was ok more of a bruised ego than anything lol.yeah i do carry a knife sometimes, but i dont know why i do i probly would never use it,which is bad really because i know a lot of these boys carry knives.
shukokai2000 i cant agree more.once i did get confronted my three of them which ended up one trying to choke me from behind being on my own at the time was quite scary but i just automaticly went for a shoulder throw which soon got him off.
elbows_and_knees i agree there i always tend to react rather than plan.
karateone it's funny u say that cause i have friends who act like that and dont get a word from no one.

although there is so many of them theres always one who wants to fight someone.one day i think someone is just gonna batter him lol.they wont start on someone there size it's always someone smaller for some reason they always like to try to get into a fight with me / :

i would avoid them but there directly outside my house.i think the police are aware.but if im with by bf they really go for us (dont know why considering the size of him lol)i think there quite new to the area aswell cause the "local" yobs wont ever say anything to me.

Rainbow_Warrior
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Now : MMA/luta livre/Thai , before :Kung fu,kick boxing , boxing, amateur wrestling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] would avoid them but there directly outside my house.i think the police are aware.
Quote:

I did never think that there were suck kind of gands in Wales.....

obiwansbane
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Open Shotokan,

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well heres my suggestion... cause im guessing they are all weenies who alone are insignificant its like ure X there are 0.2X but when theres 15 of them they are 3X... wat u need to do, is get 15 of ure friends and all go for a walk, in 2 groups... one with 5 people going ahead, the other with 10 behind a bit... when they try and take the 5, the 10 will show up and instant ownage... take em all out, they wont bother anyone ever again... then u sit on them, and call the cops... tell them what happened... they all get harrasment, assault, concealed weapons charges etc... their lives are ruined... they learn not to act tough... im sure numbers wont be a problem... u could make a sign up sheet at ure school and get more than enough people haha

lordtariel
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: (Past)Judo, Yang Family Tai Chi, (Current)Shito-Ryu Karate, Kobudo(Tonfajitsu)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that you should not act intimidated, but at the same time don't act like you're going to take them all on.

Don't forget that in a jam there are weapons all around you if you know how to use them. A handful of dirt and gravel to the eyes, a piece of pipe on the ground, if you look you can find lots of options. Or take something with you... a roll of coins, a belt, something that you can learn to use but won't get you in trouble for having.

Get to thoroughly know the route you walk. Are there places that are more defensible than others where they can only come at you a few at a time? Are there cuts and dodges you can take to loose them? Like people say, the odds of 15 to 1 are slim to none. Your best bet is to fight to get away.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordtariel wrote:

Don't forget that in a jam there are weapons all around you if you know how to use them. A handful of dirt and gravel to the eyes, a piece of pipe on the ground, if you look you can find lots of options. Or take something with you... a roll of coins, a belt, something that you can learn to use but won't get you in trouble for having.

Get to thoroughly know the route you walk. Are there places that are more defensible than others where they can only come at you a few at a time? Are there cuts and dodges you can take to loose them? Like people say, the odds of 15 to 1 are slim to none. Your best bet is to fight to get away.

These are very good points. Constant awareness, and knowing and using your surroundings can help you our immensley in any situation.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the nature of this thread, I am going to move it to the new Self Defense forum.

Thanks!

baronbvp
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Muay Thai, boxing, JKD/MMA, Shorin Ryu, military combat arts, fencing, archery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Kicker, would I be mistaken if I said I thought you were a female from reading your other posts? If you are, then some of this advice is even scarier. You need to find friends to stay safe. This situation in your neighborhood sounds as though it could turn into a gang thing if it isn't already. Weapons, meeting people in the street, packs of teens - this is not a safe long-term situation.

Have you gone directly to the cops to discuss the general neighborhood environment? Can they increase patrols? Is there a Guardian Angels neighborhood watch type organization in Wales? Maybe you could get together with your dojo mates or other MA buds and start one. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Angels for a discussion and additional resources. An excerpt:

Quote:
United Kingdom

In London the Guardian Angels have been active since 1989. In Britain, the law requires citizens acting in self-defence to use "reasonable force", which leads to Guardian Angel training to centre on using the minimum possible force, and to only use force to prevent a dangerous situation from escalating. All violent crimes are reported to the police, and intervention leading to citizens' arrests (legal in Britain for certain crimes) or use of force is only employed in extreme cases. [1]

Their presence in London has been highly controversial, press articles having likened their actions to vigilantism. In 1989, discussion in Parliament has raised the possibility of American members of the Guardian Angels being deported owing to their presence being "not conducive to the public good" but this has been rejected. [2]

Good luck and keep us posted.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: