Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Conflict Reply with quote

Imagine you are alone, at night in unfamiliar territory.

You are confronted by three assailants, that assume that you are someone else.

A fight between you and the three others seems inevitable.

There is no one to help you or for you to call.

There is no where to run or hide, this is a stand your ground, do or die situation.

All three are of different sizes, big, medium and small.

Consider yourself as the same size as the medium combatant in front  of you.

The biggest is the youngest to your left wearing a college uniform, gym clothes, with short blonde hair, wearing a baseball hat.

The medium size one is facing you and is approximately the same age as you, wearing like a biker, that is bald, less handsome than you.

The smallest is on your right is the eldest and the best dressed wearing an expensive suit with long dark hair in a ponytail.

All three are all at the same distance between each other including you.

You consider to initiate "the best attack is the best defence" principle.

There are no weapons involved, only your skills against theirs, as there are no improvised weapons available.

It is going to take cunning and logic to out smart and out think your assailants, but how?

This is real, nothing from a video game or science fiction, or fantasy can help you.

"Stop imagining" is not the answer! The truth however will set you free.

Your answer should explain the logical sequence of your self defence attacks and or tactics.

For example, which one do you attack first, then second and finally third, if that is the route you choose?

Or using the art of fighting without fighting might work for you or perhaps not!

As this is your story, explain how it unfolds however it pleases you to do so.

Oh! and one other thing, you can talk to each one of the three and ask  questions or say something about yourself to them, if you think it will help your situation?

Good luck!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I start by saying, "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light...?"

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I start by saying, "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light...?"
Something like this?

https://youtu.be/8gfMXEmCew4

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have three rules of combat.

Where these three possible assailants have me at a disadvantage not because of being out numbered but due to fighting ethics.

1. Don't fight those that are younger than myself, as this seems like phisical abuse,

2. Don't fight anyone that's is uglier than my self, as life has already been hard on them.

3. Don't fight anyone that is noticeably smaller, as this seems like bullying.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a gang these three possible assailants are not, due to their motley crew appearance, of age and clothing; which rules out territorial issues.

Thefore there is a connection between the three, a common denominator, that many issues regarding conflict, involves revenge, money, power, dishonor and betrayal.

As the younger one going to college, looking innocent, that is the consumer, the biker is the distributor, middle man and muscle, looking intimidating, whilst the one in the suit is the sales manager supplier of a product; the boss.

To tell the sporty college kid to, "walk away, this is not sportsmanship behaviour, as you will be a bigger and better man for doing so; your future has just begun, why throw it all away for fighting?"

"I went to college, this is how I know what is like in be in your shoes"

To tell the biker, "have you stopped helping other bikers on the motorway that have broken down?"

Also "have you stopped flashing your headlights to other bikers, that warns them that there is a speed trap ahead, waiting for them?"

"How would I know these things, can you see the biker in me, will you help me when I am broken down after we fight and will you help me right now to avoid this trap?

To the one in the suit I would say this "to wear a suit either means you are a business man or the suit is a disguise to look responsible in the eyes of the law, or perhaps trying to look innocent, either way, as the suit is out dated and you don't fit it, as you once did, tells me that you are out on parole and looking to make some easy cash, the only way you know how"

Still talking to the one in the suit "I haven't done time like you, but we all have a choice to change, if we want or need it bad enough, as you have the look of a person that has had plenty of time to think but not around positive things or people"

To the man in the suit I would say this "educate those people who might fall into the trap you were caught in, be smarter than to make the same mistakes twice, use your experience and turn your life around and be proud of yourself for a change and don't listen to negativity or excuses for a change, be helpful for a change, be honest for a change, be loved and cared for, for a change, if not for yourself then practicing on strangers for a change, would be as good a place as any to start.

Then I would tell all three to "to sit on the naughty step for ten minutes, close your eyes and reflect"

Then I would run away as fast as possib. LOL

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Mr. Williams informed Mr. Han in Hans study...

Han:
We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.

Williams:
Don't waste my time with it. When it comes, I won't even notice.

Han:
Oh? How so?

Williams:
I'll be too busy looking gooood.

Williams is a man after my own fighting heart. However, as a MAist, I was taught that I should defuse the situation to the best of my ability before it gets out of hand. What is out of hand?? When I'm forced to put my hands on whomever that might be at the exact moment.

The situation isn't a situation until it becomes a situation!!

Who's first, second, then third??

First: That which presents the most threat!!
Second: That which presents the most threat after I dispatch with the first threat!!
Third: That which is remaining!!

However, depending on how I dispatch with the first most notaboe threat to me, the other two might flee.

Study your opponent
Study yourself
Make a plan
Carry that plan out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: