Add KarateForums.com
Let's Help sensei8 in His Time of Need
KarateForums.com Awards 2021: Winners Revealed!
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.
Author Message

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Joined: 23 Apr 2002
Posts: 797
Location: New Jersey
Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Controlling And Dominating the Opponents Center Reply with quote

With this simple idea of taking the opponents space not with hands but with your body you can dominate and better control your opponent movements. By taking away a wing chunner space and centerline he simply has no answer to the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYnevzdIQ4
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, someone has to GET TO the centerline first. Transitioning and jamming can make that quite difficult by not remaining static longer than necessary. Both opponents have to guard their centerline!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Joined: 23 Apr 2002
Posts: 797
Location: New Jersey
Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Well, someone has to GET TO the centerline first. Transitioning and jamming can make that quite difficult by not remaining static longer than necessary. Both opponents have to guard their centerline!!




What am trying to do is to control my opponent centerl;ine by talking him off and not letting him get back..I call this centerpoint theory...since wingchunners
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonecrusher69 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Well, someone has to GET TO the centerline first. Transitioning and jamming can make that quite difficult by not remaining static longer than necessary. Both opponents have to guard their centerline!!




What am trying to do is to control my opponent centerl;ine by talking him off and not letting him get back..I call this centerpoint theory...since wingchunners

"talking him off"?? Please explain this? Thank you.




_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 29040
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he might have meant to type "taking," but am not sure. Possibly an auto-correct issue?
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I think he might have meant to type "taking," but am not sure. Possibly an auto-correct issue?

Oh! Don't you all just love auto-correct!?!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Joined: 23 Apr 2002
Posts: 797
Location: New Jersey
Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
stonecrusher69 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Well, someone has to GET TO the centerline first. Transitioning and jamming can make that quite difficult by not remaining static longer than necessary. Both opponents have to guard their centerline!!




What am trying to do is to control my opponent centerl;ine by talking him off and not letting him get back..I call this centerpoint theory...since wingchunners

"talking him off"?? Please explain this? Thank you.

By controlling his elbow by moving it off the elbow line and controlling this vertical and horizontal axis the wing chunner techniques cant function..




_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


< Advertising - Contact - Disclosure Policy - Staff - User Guidelines >