Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Why are tourney judges buried 12 feet deep when they die instead of the normal six feet?

Answer: Because, deep down, they really are fair and
impartial.

Shootfighter
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: No Holds Barred Shootfighter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kickchick

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only thing worse than corrupt judges are incompetent ones.
I've had judges that must have been hit too hard a few times because they didn't really understand the rules...
I've seen a judge who was constantly calling a back leg roundhouse kick for someone from his school, when the guy's feet NEVER EVEN LEFT THE FLOOR!
I have, however, seen a blackbelt who gracefully kept herself out of judging because she knew she couldn't be impartial.
I'm so sick of judges messing things up, whether for me or my peers. I do realize that judging can be difficult, because I've done it before. But there are some mistakes that are just plain silly.

As far as being corrupt, it's extremely easy to score points for only one person, without "seeing the other person's points". If you're cheering for Fighter A, you look only at Fighter B's body, and every time something comes in..... "point!"
This is all incredibly sad, but try not to forget the good judges!!!

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

TKDMASTER
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Tkd,jujitsu,kung fu,judo,little akidio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sickening to get one of them. My good friend was sparring in the blackbelt division one time. There was a shortage of judges and they would have had wait to a couple of minutes for the womans division to be done. They just needed one more judge.Well my friend had allready beat one guy real bad. The guy he was gonna fight next(who he beat last year) volunteered to judge. From the beginning you knew it was junk. Terrible calls were made yet my friend did not say a word(even though i said a couple) he just got his gear and left. That truly is what ma is all about. That fight is not life or death,just go on.I know it stinks have a bad judge.It is a real shame!!!!!!!!!!

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt Knock them out

Control Point
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Kenpo/Greco-Roman/Judo/Submissions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAIL FULL CONTACT WHERE THE VICTOR IS NORMALLY BRUTALLY OBVIOUS!

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have judges who show favoritism. I've been to so many torn. that because so and so is who he is he always wins. Even when he should have lost. But, anytime there is a sport or contest where people are judging other people there will always be some type of bias.

ramymensa
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in a way we are human. And some have their little affairs. It's a pity, but that's how it is. Well who knows, maybe we could change something.

IAMA_chick
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: tae kwon do

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the judges at the tourny's i have been to are good. i haven't yet ran into an extremely bad judge, fortunatly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

oot_man
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: TaeKwon-Do,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While there are comptitions there will always be Bias Judges! whether you see it or not. Its just a fact of tournments. I have been to tournys. to many to count, and have see my share of it.
I have also seen MORE real!! fair judges then bias ones. I have also judged and do still compete and judge. I can honestly say that I am a fair one and would not do anything to dishonor my rank or dishonor my fellow Black Belts doing something that has no real bearing on life.
tournys are great ! dont get me wrong. But tournys are not the reason I train! I think too much is put it to tourny training. People tend to rate an Instructor or style because of there tourny preformance! and not who or what they have do for there students or style!

and your question to the belt thing.. I think it has to do with the amount of post you have put in!! Because I still have a white belt even though I'm a 2nd Dan Black Belt
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: