Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not gonna say any names of promoters or judges but i think it is a shame that there are so many corrupt judges out there. whether its for political, money or whatever reason there is i think it is bull****

and another thing is that i know alot of fighters who go into bouts knowing that they are gonna win cuz the result has already been bought.........so as they are climbing through the fight rankings and finally get to a title match they are nothing but empty champions

personally i rather fight...give it my all and loose a whole bunch of bouts then be a empty champion because in the end the only person you are cheating is yourself......

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

mastertae
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had about in which he person managed only 2 hits...and I let himhave those...i would kik him left an right yet after the match the judges gave the other guy te win...i was dissapointed...but it didn't really matter to me I just thought o my self..next time i'l just knock him out...lol..j/k...i just didn't want say anything because the uy looked so happy...maybe im too nice

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you are too nice..besides the fact of politics of judges..you should have learned that to win without any doubt is to knock your oppent silly..im sorry but i am a gentleman..and generally a nice guy..but when we are in the ring i dont care if your my best friend its buisness not personal..and after the match we can talk about how nice and funny i am..so nice i was the one holding the smelling salts under your nose after kicking you out unconcious..awww isnt that nice

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well true sometimes cause they know your a better fighter they might give you extra points or make it so that the person they want to win wins or if they hate someone for some reason they might make them loose but it's good that there are more then one judges sometimes

crazydee
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its like that in every sport. Its harder to do in sparring but it does happen their. In kata, I've seen some things I could not believe. Its sickening and sad but hey, If you just utterly destroy the competition then even then, they can't deny you your win.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many judges judge the person not the form or fight. I know from experience before I could win a blackbelt division I had to compete full time for 2 years so people know who I am. I think it is rediculous but for some reason they hold you back until they see you around a lot. It is like that in every sport but in Martial Arts where values are suppossed to be much higher this shouldn't exist.

Pete

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree id rather lose then be an empty champion.

[ This Message was edited by: XpOiSoN FrEeX on 2002-06-02 04:40 ]

tsdstud
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I hate it. Sometimes in the tourneys I go I'm put against "favorites" the master's kids or other popular kids. I get told a lot of times that I actually beat them but they won because of who they are. That makes me just as proud of myself as if I woulda actually won.

ramymensa
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournaments would be ok if it wasn't for those guys. It's great to get face to face with some strangers and to try to win or just to learn from this experience.
Unfortunatelly power, money and other "dirty" interests are here, too. And who has to suffer? The kids, teenagers or mature people who dedicated a lot of time in order to study a martial art, who just wanted to "test" themselves, who bled and sweated in dojos, dojangs (and others ...), who have chosen to go a few times a week in another place than near their family and loved ones, those who maybe still suffer from health problems due to sparring or too many hours of training, those who went to school or to their job with a blue eye, or having pains because of some strained muscle or fracture.
I think it's a lack of respect ... and many other "lacks"
Those who are corrupted forgot a long ago how hard they've trained in order to win a match, or how dissapointed and frustrated they felt when a similar thing happened to them ... Guess money and power are good to gain a selective amnesia
They've forgotten the DO (The Way), although they preach it in almost every MA. "Perfection of character"? Yeah sure
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: