Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: covid Reply with quote

In this covid world, I just want to say. I hope you're training is going well, and if you train at a dojo, your place of training is going well also.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pred wrote:
In this covid world, I just want to say. I hope you're training is going well, and if you train at a dojo, your place of training is going well also.
Great support, Pred! My training is pretty consistent right now. How is yours going?

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
The Pred wrote:
Great support, Pred! My training is pretty consistent right now. How is yours going?

Great doing outdoor training, can't wait to spar again !

Capella
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Germany we did go into lockdown relatively early (middle of March) and it was pretty strict, but we were able to start outdoor training with up to ten people (no contact at first) at the middle of May, were allowed to reintroduce contact about two weeks later. We were allowed to return to the dojo (still with a ten people limitation) in June and at the beginning of July the limitation on participants was raised to 30. (That wasn't much of an issue for us anyway, it is rare that we are more than ten people in training session anyway)

For me personally, the covid-break was actually a good thing. I did get some strength and conditioning workouts in at home and therefore managed to keep my general fitness and stamina up, while most of the guys I train with didn't. So when we started to train together again after the lockdown, I was finally able to keep up with the rest of the group with the strength and conditioning stuff (something I had not been able to do before).

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capella wrote:
In Germany we did go into lockdown relatively early (middle of March) and it was pretty strict, but we were able to start outdoor training with up to ten people (no contact at first) at the middle of May, were allowed to reintroduce contact about two weeks later. We were allowed to return to the dojo (still with a ten people limitation) in June and at the beginning of July the limitation on participants was raised to 30. (That wasn't much of an issue for us anyway, it is rare that we are more than ten people in training session anyway)

For me personally, the covid-break was actually a good thing. I did get some strength and conditioning workouts in at home and therefore managed to keep my general fitness and stamina up, while most of the guys I train with didn't. So when we started to train together again after the lockdown, I was finally able to keep up with the rest of the group with the strength and conditioning stuff (something I had not been able to do before).

From what I can see from friends most of Europe seem to back training with contact as they locked down hard from the start. I'm disappointed that the UK took so long to lockdown (and that it was a softer lockdown) as we're only just getting back to indoor training now and with lots of restrictions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: