Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Creative Intuitive Stretching Reply with quote

There are always alternatives, it is being aware of the different ways of doing things (in my eyes) that keeps the body and mind flexible.

By now most of us are aware of Yoga and the benefits associated with practicing it.

Is there an alternative to doing Yoga; perhaps better put, is there an alternative to doing Yoga as we are all different, with different capabilities and needs?

As we are all different then I would say, yes! Then one alternative to consider is "Intuitive Stretching"

As the "intuitive' implies, how a person feels. As 'stretching' implies lengthening and reaching.

I believe we all stretch intuitively, without the need to become an "Indian Yogi Master"

With the idea that we all stretch intuitively, is a good place to start to appreciate that this is something we were all born with.

As babies we were all stretching intuitively, a Yoga pose called "Happy Baby" is what we did naturally, without an instructor.

As we grow older we need a teacher to teach us what we had already known!

Chances are, that you are already doing intuitive stretching, when not in a class room setting or working out without an instructor.

Limbering up is intuitive stretching and many will discover how good it feels. The reason for this is that there is no set pattern to lumbering up, doing what feels right is right.

As you are limbering up, you are most likely listening to your body; connecting mind with body. Add the breath to the mind and body, then you have reached the "Union" Yoga.

Without the Yoga label from the East there is an alternative which is called "Pandiculation" this is described as:

A body yawn.

Resetting muscle length usually after sleeping.

Limbering up muscle groups for a specific action.

Bodybuilders can benefit from intuitive stretching due to focusing on areas that need attention due to muscle fatigue and tension.

Martial artists can use intuitive stretching also, on areas that are in need of immediate attention.

Foam rollers are becoming popular in Gym settings but for those that workout outdoors, wooden posts, hand rails are handy substitutes.

Creative intuitive stretching, if it feels good, do it!

Personally I like to incorporate ankle and wrists weights using gravity creatively.

What type of stretching do you do intuitively?

marilouchou
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much amazing

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the overwhelming none response to this topic, then to assume creative intuitive stretching isn't widely used.

While repeating regimented stretching is favored by most?

Stretching intuitively doesn't mean stop everything for one hour, then stretch, then go about your business.

Creative intuitive stretching can be done here, there and every where, wherever or whenever you want, one minute or moment at a time or all day if the urge to do so is there.

For this methodology, the least amount of restrictive clothing the better, for many, this could be problematic, due to dress codes or uniforms.

Intuitive creative strengthening by day and stretching by night might work better for you.

Flexibility needs strength, two important components for all martial artists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: