Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There certainly are situations and business interactions where "customer is king" applies, but besides customer service or the hospitality industry it probably does not apply very well. In the case of martial arts instruction, which is a specialty service, must accept and trust the instructor's ability to teach skills, manage and supervise everything within the school.

This is the same as other specialty services such as the construction example given by Matsu. The customer may have preferences, but if something cannot be done or is only possible provided that XYZ, the customer MUST accept expert/experienced judgment or go elsewhere. Whining, complaining or threatening to sue will not make an unreasonable or impossible request happen.

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems like we are all in agreement with each other !

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that have not read everything posted here.

From my personal point of view, is that most definitely the customer is not always right.

It is advisable to give your expert advice and not to humor clients, in just telling them what they want to hear; this is irresponsible.

To be cruel and blunt with answers, isn't going to make you popular, or helpful either.

Helping the client to make the right decision, with different levels of options can be beneficial.

Not everything is black or white there are many shades of grey.

Giving expert advice is paramount to put their requirements first; gaining trust.

If and when your advice is ignored (and the client fails) at least you know that you have done your very best.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In business, I can be affable to a point, and not beyond that point, in which I can't afford blind affability; but at all times, I can be professional across the board!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: