Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tommy,I've been in the game for a long time and I see you visit other sites(Ax,Fighttime,ect) but I'm sorry I haven't heard of any of the fighters mentioned.I think when more American fighters fight true overseas fighters they will become more well known but as a whole the biggest names on the international scene that are US base are Alex Gong,Maurice Smith,Rick and Duke Roufus,Cung Li.
No offence but when there are alot of US(world) champions that no one outside the US and sometimes out side that county have ever heard of.
We had the same problem in this country when the sport first started to take off,we had alot of unknown world champions,then the promoters started to bring real world class fighters out to fight these so called champions and it quickly sort out who was really any good.
I'm not saying that your guys aren't anygood but try bringing some Aussies,dutch,french or Thais out to fight you lads and you get the recognition your looking for.
I know Mike Miles has some good fighter in Canada(any on your card?) but Canada is still behind compared to other countries like Holland,France,Australia,Japan and of course Thailand.
Good luck mate with your future shows.

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dannyboy, I am glad that you do notice some of my post and some of the discussions that have been started due to them.
The fighters that I mention that have fought for World titles are very experienced fighters that have fought abroad .They are the top contenders in the organization , When A promoter tries to make A fight and wants his ranked fighter to fight for A world title and it is vacant it is not the fighter or the promoter that chooses the opponent but it is the sanctioning body . When I asked for the fighter that I manage to fight for the title we did not ask for any opponent but for A title shot because he was the north American champ and we would have fought anyone that the organization said to fight. The USKBA chose Ruben Colon which is world ranked by the ISKA,KICK,WWKA,WPKA,WPKO and the USKBA those are the ones that I know of and he has fought in south America, Kazekstan,Ukraine,China that I know of. As Dan Lucas Has fought in the Ukraine against A WACKO World champion. Dan Lucas is also ranked in ISKA,WPKA,KICK,and the USKBA.
These are fighters that have over 20 Pro fights each and have very few losses on there records and both have International Experience.
They both put on A great fight and are both class acts so to try to put A negative spin on there fight does nothing for the sport.
I manage and train Dan Lucas and he is willing to fight anywhere that he gets an offer and I know it is the same for Ruben Colon or any of the fighters that I have mentioned.
Yes some fighters are more known than others ,So does that mean that they are not as good ,Well we know that is not true.Not evrery fighter gets the press that some of the others do.
I am friends with most of the fighters that you mentioned and they are all great fighters but they are not the only talented fighters from the U.S There are many "especially "the young fighters that are coming up now.
I am now trainning for my next fight and take the time out of my day to discuss these issues so that we can make people aware of some of the things that are going on that they may not be aware of.
As far as bringing in some Aussies I am currently working on just that for my next event in November that I am promoting.
There are many fighters that come to fight in NY from all over the World on A regular basis.
So to think that the local fighters do not get any international experience is upsurd. Hopefully we can all learn to be more possative and work to help the sport grow teogether.

http://www.ringoffirekickboxing.com

This Message was edited by: TOMMY BEE on Jul 31, 2001 5:38pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tommy,I understand what you are saying and I am sure your fighters are tough and all but to get the press they have to fight the best,thats how you make a real name for yourself.There are so many titles out there ISKA,WKA,WMTA,WMC,KICK and alot that no-one has heard of,that is part of the problem.
If you have your boy fought Roufus and won then everyone would take notice but if he fights someone who not many know of(regardless of how good they are)then is just another title by X,Y,Z.
We all train hard and would like recognition for the effort but the hard facts are unless you fight some of these elite then you may never know how good you really are.
I have spent alot of time in Thailand and it really opens your eyes to the real world,I also have encouraged my guys to train there and they always return pumped and in many cases different fighters(mentally and conditioning wise)I highly recomend it in any fighters developement.
Let us know the Aussie when you finalise your promotion,I'd be interested who you bring over.
Here are a list of the better gyms:
Boonchu gym/Nugget gym/Bulldog gym/Strikeforce gym/Powerhouse gym/Braveheart gym/Phon's gym/Ultimate Gym/Sun Doi gym/Ron Parrs gym/
That is afew of the better ones.

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Danny boy, I agree that you want to fight the fighters with the best reputatipns to get the most exposure. The problem in the U.S. is that you can never get those superfights unless you get titles in many of the top organizations because the organizations are very regional based and of course have there favorites. So normally you work your way up in one organization that is strongest in your area and once you are World ranked in many orgainzations you start to challenge for other titles otherwise nobody takes your offers seriously. At least this is the formula that I work on for myself and for my fighters and we have done very well with it so far. We work with all promoters and all sanctioning bodies but in the whole north eastern USA the USKBA is on all of the shows and very few are sanstioned by the ISKA and the IKF . These are the 3 largest organizations in the U.S. today. My top fighters are world ranked in all 3 but they don't get much oportunity to fight for the others 2 until they become World class fighters. This is not the fault of the fighters it is just the way it is here so we try to work with all of them whenever we can. If it was the WKA or Wacko that were the most common in the Northeast USA than my fighters would be champions in those organizations but they do not hardly exist in the U.S. We go where the action is.
Believe me when I tell you there are many great young fighters coming up in The U.S. that fight in all styles of fighting as there are all over the world . Hopefully we will have Kickboxing on worldwide Tv soon and people will be able to see all of the great talent that is out there worldwide.
Thank you for the gyms.
Many of my fighters have fought outside of the U.S as Ameteurs and as PROS.
Most recently I took A team to Greece for the WPKA WORLD Champioships which had over 50 countries and 1,000 competitors in it.
That was A great event and A great experience for the young fighters that I brought there . They got to meet alot of nice people from all over the world that love to do the same sport as they do. It was A vaery possative trip for them as well as for me.

www.ringoffirekickboxing.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day again Tommy if you are looking for heavy weights to fight your boy here are a few to look at from Aussie:
Mark Hunt/won the K1 Oceana.
Peter Graham,Nathan Briggs,Mita Apallo,Paul Robinson,Auckland Aumitangi,Phil * but the two best would be Sam Greco and Stan Longinedes.
Sam is the number one guy in my opinion,but he may have retired I'm not sure.

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dannyboy, Of course I know who Mark Hunt,Grahm,Longanitis are and in the future I hope that my fighter will be able to meet up with them in the K1.
At this point on our promotions we are unable to pay the purses to have these fighters on our shows yet but we are woking on changing that.
I also think that Stan is A great fighter and heard that he was retiring.

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he's retiring but the guy has done alot for the game here,he was the first real media star of the sport here in OZ.
It will be a sad loss when he retires but we all have to call it a day when the time comes and I think no matter what he can be proud of what he has achieved.
I'm not sure what Sam is doing he has been trying afew different avenues(WCW even)

I'm sure that you should be able to get a couple of the guys on my list without paying too much considering the strength of the US dollar.(almost double)

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I am working to get some fighters here from Australia for my November show . This is something that I have been working on for some time now.
Stan will always be remambered as A legend in this sport. As you said sometimes it is time to get out , I Hope I still have some time left in the sport Fighting I am 34 now but feel better now than I ever have before.

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see your November gig,I heard some of the New York guys are O.K.never got there when I was in the states way back,I only hung out on the west coast but that was many years ago.(even fought one of you yanks once while I was there)
34 hey thats great,good luck with your next fight.
Let us know which Aussies are going in November.

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dannyboy, I think you would really like the shows that we have here.There is some really good young talent coming up now.
I should know by next week weather we will be bringing in fighters from Australia or not.
We are supposed to be partners with another promoter on this show so it is not totally up to me.
Thanks for the good luck for my fight ,It should be A good one I fought him 3 years ago and it went the distance and was A great fight. I won A unanimous decission.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: