Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanna tell ya something man........i know those guys you are talking about from the rochester fights
that guy you are talking about (naz) well his name is actually Muzammal Nawaz (MAZ for short) he had an unfortunant bout that day though but he is a great fighter and he is very tough...he never gives up. and if the fight wasnt stopped he woulda fought till the end!

second

Kyle Fergueson got totally Robbed! he shoulda won that fight and everyone said that!

just thought id shed some light here!

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right as I stated earlier that (maz) had A great fight and he showed how tough he was. I never saw him fight before and I was very impressed with him. I met him in Greece and arranged the fight between him and uskba world champ Randy Pouge.
As far as the Kyle fergasun fight . I was the referee for that fight and I stated earlier that it was A great fight with both fighters showing great skill especially with there experience.
I did not Judge the fight but I know that it would have been A hard one to judge.
It was A very close fight and usually in A close fight the judges will call it for the hometown guy. Kyle is A great young fighter and has A bright future in this sport.

www.ringoffirekickboxing.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maz is my Sensei's coach and overall the coach of the rest of the canadian kickboxing and continuous team. he is an excellent fighter
i believe he is one of the best
my sensei fought that day too
his name is Nick Petroff and he won his fight which is great

as for Kyle.........i heard from everyone else that fought that day that the judges did a horrible job judging and that the fight was stolen from him!

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Maz is the coach of team Canada as I stated I met him in Greece as well as Kyle and Brian Douglas . Maz is A great fighter and has nothing to be ashamed of in loosing to A World Champion such as Randy Pouge.
As far as the Judges are concerned with the Kyle fight that was A really good action packed fight with both foghters landing some good techniches with no knockdowns and when you are watching your friend fight you only focus on him and not on what the other guy is doing. To be honest with you I was the closest guy to the fight as the referee and I was not sure who should have won the fight. I believe that it was A split decission meaning that one judge called it for Kyle and I think that the other 2 judges had it by 1 point for Frank. Whenever you have A very close fight like that it will usually go to the hometown guy.
I don't recall the other fighter that you mentioned , It may have been when I left to prepare Dan for his fight.
Overall the 2 teams that where there from Canada showed some great talent and I believe won most of there fights.
Canada always has great fighters and it is always A pleasure to have them on our shows in NY.
By the way Team Canada that Maz brought to Greece for the WPKA World championships was the largest team there and they all did very good. So do not think because I started this thread by congradulating some of the fighters that that takes away from Team Canada in any way.

www.ringoffirekickboxing.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Tommy are you gonna be at the WPKA North American Championships that in are in conjunction with the disney martial arts festival in october this year?

havoc
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannyboy.
sam has retired and is supposed to be into pro wrestling.
tommy, this is kirk from AX.
i have seen rueben fight once, and i believe it was at cruiserweight.
it was a short fight but from what i saw i was not impressed.
not that he was bad, but i would hesitate to call him world class.
danny boy, i've heard good things about andrew peck. whats your take on him?

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome HAVOC.............

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Aug 2, 2001 8:23pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Havoc,
Yeah I have heard good things about Peck but I can't comment as I haven't seen him fight.
Sam is an awesome fighter and a mountain of a man,I met him afew years back and thanked God I wasn't a heavyweight.I would not like to be on the other side of the ring seeing Slammin' San charging at me,Lol.
I thought Nathan Brriggs was half a chance in the K-1 Oceana he has good speed and fights like his brother but Mark Hunt was just the man that night and I don't think a bulldozer would have stopped him.
Tarik love him or hate him does put the fights together,I'm very interested in seeing Ian Jacobs return to the ring this weekend ,should be an awesome show.
Did you catch Shane Chapman on the super 8,I'd love to see him fight Daniel Dawson or JWP full MT rules.
Anyhow catch ya later got to go to work.

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havoc/Kirk I have known Ruben for many years and he is like alot of fighters he has A really good day or A bad day. Sometimes I have seen him look unstopable and other times he did not look that good . I heard that he fought cruiserweight in Boston and lost A decission and did not look that good. I have also seen him fight alot of World class fighters and look very good and win. He fought in the Ukraine and looked awesome and he just rcently won a 12 round fight in Atlantic city and I heard he looked awesome. There are times ,I think when he does not come in the best of shape for fights but he was in great shape for his fight with Dan.

Prodigy: I do not know if I will be at the WPKA event in Florida because I might be figting in California on October 27 th for Dennis Warner against Craig Buchannon for his World Title in a 12 round low kick fight so I will be trainning for that fight.

http://www.ringoffirekickboxing.com

This Message was edited by: TOMMY BEE on Aug 3, 2001 11:21am

havoc
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy,
this fight ruben won. he ko'd the guy with a body shot. he looked a little soft. but threw a nice left hook to the body.i guess he's style is what i like least about him.
do you know much about craig? do you have any of his fights?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: