Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We removed a couple of posts from this thread in error. They are below. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks.

Sensei Rick wrote:
stejitsu wrote:
My wife started training at a club i used to goto and got pregnant, she had to leave. At our club one of the lads married a fellow student, she got pregnant, so she had to stop training. Our instructors wife got pregnant she had to leave, assistant instructors wife got pregnant she had to leave(gasping for breath).

Ladies, if you train here, remember, a condom is an important peice of safety equipment.

KamasandSais wrote:
lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

NightOwl
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Working on Judo and BJJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I don't think a social atmosphere necessarily leads to a McDojo. Neither does it mean it leads to dating. Some people just have different styles.

Ha- a bit late to the party but here it goes~
I agree- casualness does not mean sloppy technique or bad training at all. For example, I've for the most part seen BJJ places being very casual, and yet there are some hard core fighters there. Likewise traditional okinawan karate used to be casual as well, and if you do find a more old school kung fu gym (without ranks), you may find that the atmosphere is more relaxed than you are used to where you might train. Proximity breeds attraction, and relationships where people just met out of the blue are less common than people meeting up because they had the same friend, interests, school, etc. Personally, I think that a member of the fairer (or at least less smelly) gender does martial arts, it is very attractive. What's more romantic and beneficial to a healthy relationship than fighting?

~Theodore Roosevelt

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightOwl wrote:
What's more romantic and beneficial to a healthy relationship than fighting?

I can't imagine anything!!!

marie curie
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Ko Sutemi Seiei Kan Karate, Kajukenbo, Kodokan Judo, Gracie Barra Jiu-Jitsu, Olympic Tae Kwon Doe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
-Lao Tzu
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

JohnnyB
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan 2nd Kyu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I just went through this whole thread and enjoyed every post.

Although I do fancy a girl in my class I'll hold on to my feelings and concentrate on my training for now. But God help me its difficult! All this testosterone and sweat makes for such a chemistry in the dojo its hard to keep focus.

still kicking
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shito-ryu Karate, Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyB, maybe you could chat her up and ask her out sometime. It sounds like you've got your head on straight about it, i.e. put your training first, but the same as with sparring, be alert for opportunities. In this case, I mean to chat, of course.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaaaad idea to date in dojo. The only time I think it is ok if your dating someone who trains with you is if your dating someone outside of the school then they join your dojo.

Then if you break up with them when they're training at your dojo then it will become extremely awkward

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a karate school/MA school, and not a dating school. Keep it outside, if one can't, then quit!!

blacknebula
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be hard pressed to enforce a rule about not dating in either of the dojos that I attend, considering that they are both run by husband and wife teams who met each other through MA! And in one case, they will be celebrating their 30th anniversary next year!

There are also a bunch of us who train who were dating/married long before we set foot in the dojo. In most cases one person started then eventually dragged the other person in.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacknebula wrote:
You'd be hard pressed to enforce a rule about not dating in either of the dojos that I attend, considering that they are both run by husband and wife teams who met each other through MA! And in one case, they will be celebrating their 30th anniversary next year!

There are also a bunch of us who train who were dating/married long before we set foot in the dojo. In most cases one person started then eventually dragged the other person in.

Oh yeah that is so true. I have been doing karate for 12 years now and i have been teaching my girlfriend for the last 2 years (we've been together for just over 4.5 years) and she joined up last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24
Jump to: