Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i were a woman out to attack you and you restrained me, i would yell "rape" and "abuse" until someone intervened, and i assure you it wouldn't end very pretty for you.

ying&yang
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JKD , and 15 others

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if thats the only way to clam the situation down , then i would do it and then explain myself later.

NightOwl
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Working on Judo and BJJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

battousai16 wrote:
if i were a woman out to attack you and you restrained me, i would yell "rape" and "abuse" until someone intervened, and i assure you it wouldn't end very pretty for you.

Probably wouldn't unless there were other people there who saw things as they really happened.

~Theodore Roosevelt

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, to that end, if you can confidently end a conflict by restraining somebody until the whole thing blows over, isn't that how you should end every conflict?

ying&yang
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats right , and it would be great if that was the way we all could end every conflict, but unfortuentlly sometimes you need a little more punch. lol

Kieran-Lilith
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Eugue Ryu, Iaido, Aikido

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed several of you dear men saying you'll restrain her. What if you can't? What if she fights better than you?

As a woman, I hate to be treated differently than the guys. If you won't hit me, then I'll sure hit you. Maybe I'm just odd....I think people with the intent to harm are people with the intent to harm, male, female, alien, whatever, and you need to stop them long enough to get away and call the police.

ying&yang
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol good point , well if she does fight better than me , then i guess i will have to treat it like a real fight. If she wants a real fight then she will get one.

NightOwl
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Working on Judo and BJJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran-Lilith wrote:
I've noticed several of you dear men saying you'll restrain her. What if you can't? What if she fights better than you?

As a woman, I hate to be treated differently than the guys. If you won't hit me, then I'll sure hit you. Maybe I'm just odd....I think people with the intent to harm are people with the intent to harm, male, female, alien, whatever, and you need to stop them long enough to get away and call the police.

I think it is important for women to train with men and experience full resistance training with them. There are A LOT of guys out there who won't hesitate to hit a girl, and they won't hold back and you need to prepare for that.

Nevertheless, if some girl starts beating on you and you turn around and punch her in the face- doesn't matter who started it, no court is going to side with you unless she tried to stab you with a knife or something along those lines. Plus I have a no girl hitting policy outside of training

~Theodore Roosevelt

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran-Lilith wrote:

I agree with you quote here. I am not going to be waiting around to see how good the girl is before deciding how much force I need to use to put her down. It may sound rough, but I am not going to get punched on by anyone.

ShoriKid
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Matsubyashi-Ryu, Okinawan Kempo, wrestling, bits of BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nevertheless, if some girl starts beating on you and you turn around and punch her in the face- doesn't matter who started it, no court is going to side with you unless she tried to stab you with a knife or something along those lines.

NightOwl,

That just reminds me of something my training partner said. "If you fight a girl there are two ways to come out of it. You either win, and you beat up a girl. Or, you lost and got your butt kicked by a girl. Which do you want to do?"

Saddly though, your spot on about the legal system. If you don't have stab wounds, your in a world of hurt without a room for of judges and nuns as witnesses to her attacking you first. Even then, it's dicey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: