Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our school is having a Halloween party...in which we black belts will be performing (showing off) our skills. I want to do a break. Any good ideas? Someone is already doing a fire break (flying side through ring of fire and setting boards aflame for hammerfist). Ice and concrete blocks done in the past too.
How about using candy bars as spacers and when I break they pop up in the air and catch them in my mouth? ...nah, highly improbable. Thought maybe there might be something impressive I might do to wow the kiddies

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about flaming particle board?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use weapons? If so then I would do a demo with weapons...the more dangerous they look, the better they'll like it!! Hey, I just thought of something....why don't you dress as a witch, then turn your broomstick into a weapon.

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2001-10-16 16:16 ]

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a self defense street situatioon involving flying kicks and kind of near stunt activities, something really dynamic as to have the watchers hanging off the end of their seat with amazement.

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL....Lori that's IS a good one....to my students I may not even hafta dress up for that one!
I have no training as far as weapons go so...hmm I do sweep a mean broom tho'
Moobrack....good one, I like that too worth considering! I am going to do a break...just hafta find a neat spin on the technique considering the theme!

shortdog
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GOT IT!

break ice, that is on fire, with your head!

SHORTDOG

or email

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my favorites when trying to show off kicking skills is the windmill kick using the roundhouse..........because of terminology problems i will try to descibe it.......

something like this: roundhouse break with a backward 360 degree jumping roundhouse break....try that, it is always impressive..... .the crecent kicks is the one used on TV all the time. oh yea; wear a witches outfit for this one.

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-10-25 20:38 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you for the great ideas. Tomorrow is the day...not sure what I will do actually. I am doing a break...possibly a speed break of some sort ...palm heel, hook punch or 360 round kick or jump spin back.
Oh, and a witches costume huh??? I'll get you my little pretty...and youre little dog too!!!!

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on how young these children are, if they're really young they'll love the witch thing, but if a bit older, then they probably started worrying about "cool" and they'll think the witch is "lame"

Don't get me wrong, its a good idea, just the audience could receive it in other ways than you'd expect
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: